02

The next morning I woke up with Sofi yelling something in Spanish at Bobby. I stood at the top of the stairs as she ran past me. I shrugged and went to go eat something. I opened the fridge and grabbed the milk, and grabbed the box of lucky charms. I sat quietly eating listening to Jerry laugh at the argument between Angel and Bobby.

Around dinner time, Jack and I started making the turkey, potatoes and salad. I sat on the counter that faced the living room, and watched Angel start throwing guitar pics at Bobby. "Why do you always got to do that man," Bobby said. "Do what," Angel replied then began throwing the at Jerry. "I'm watching the game man," Jerry said but Angel didn't quit, "do that one more time," Jerry said now putting him full attention on Angel, "or what" Angel said. "Get him Jerry," I said now moving over towards the door. "Big ass teeth, gonna bite me" Angel said biting the air afterwards, "its true you do have big ass teeth Jerry," Bobby said making himself as well as Jack and I laugh.  Angel threw the one in his hand at Jerry. Jerry stood up and smacked him across the head. I laughed and said, "yeah smack his bald head," Bobby and Jack laughed. Jack had moved to watch the scene unhold he had put a hand on the door frame and stood behind me. " Get him Jerry," Bobby yelled. Angel and Jerry were yelling and Bobby, Jack and I were cheering on for Jerry and ofcourse Jerry won.
Not that long after supper was ready. The five of us said a prayer and sat down to eat. I knew the three of them saw Evelyn. But Bobby and I didn't. "Let's go play a real game now get our sticks and skates," Bobby said leaving the dining room. "Nah man it's to cold, I did not come back for the cold." Angel said in a wining tone. "Bobby get back here and put your dish in the sink and Angel stop being a pussy." I said standing up with my dishes in my hand and a bowl of salad in the other. "I'm coming," Bobby said yelling from the hallway, "your a real ass Sammy," Angel said. I just walked in the kitchen, put my dish in the sink and the bowl down on the counter. I found a container and put the salad in there. I noticed my plate still in the sink. "Jerry, Jack, Bobby and Angel, get your plates in the sink and the food cleaned up and put in the fridge or we aren't going to play hockey." I yelled. I heard multiple groans and wines. But they did as they were told. Bobby on washing the dishes, Angel on drying. I was putting food in containers and Jack was putting them in the fridge and Jerry was wiping the table and counters down. The kitchen was clean in a matter of minutes. Once done we all nodded and went to grab our skates and sticks from the garage. The garage was a mess but besides that we found our sticks and skates and headed to the rink.
Once we arrived I got my skates on quickly and got on the rink skating up to Bobby and Jack. A guy from the other team said, "a girl can't play," I laughed and he just stared. "Buddy you just wait, I can play." I said sternly. The game started in was pretty fun, until the guy that said I can't play grabbed my ass. I turned amd punched him right in the nose. He started crying and went to swing at me but Bobby tackled him right on the ice, Jack skated over and hugged me.
The next day the 5 of us went to the bank to see what evelyn left for the boys I leaned on the window listening to the guy talk about how sad he was about Evelyn passing. Jack said, "how much money do we get?" Bobby and i smacked him on the back of the head. The guy stood up and put a box on the table bobby had opened it and handed jerry and jack adoption papers. He also handed out money to everyone except jack and i. I wasnt looking for the money but jack was, "what about me he said. Bobby just handed him a pearl necklace. We had left and gone to this old warehouse that apparently Jerry was getting so he could run some car business. Jack and I stood looking out the window sharing a beer together.