chapter 4: a new power.

Kazz's POV

friday, after school...

i made it to the club room with everyone but monika who hasn't shown up yet. today was the day we shared poems. i pulled out the one i wrote and glance at it.

Pain.

an intense feeling that constantly vibrates in the mind, a feeling that never stops. it grows rapidly with every quake till you can't think. your voice drowned by such hate. is a a reminder? is a sign? or is something you can't predict? how does one interpret pain? one may never know. but at least we can learn from it so it can never hurt again.

Kazz.

At first i thought it was great...but now im having second thoughts. was this a good topic for a poem? maybe i should of edited like Monika suggested yesterday but now i just have to see the reactions. my inner thoughts were interrupted when the door opened.

"sorry im late everyone!" Monika chuckled embarrassed. "i had to help a teacher along the way."

"it's alright Monika." yuri smiled. "i believe it gave Sayori to finish the end of her poem."

"hey!" she pouted as i chuckled. the president shook her head as she stood by the teacher's desk.

"okay everyone i hope you have your poems ready! choose your partner and be encouraging about what they wrote."

i look around and saw that sayori went to Yuri. so i guess ill go with Natsuki first. i walked to her as she looked uncomfortable about today, pulling out a piece of paper from her bag.

"hey Natsuki want to exchange first?" i asked politely.

"fine." she said as she push her poem to me as i gave her mind. we spent the next couple of minutes in slience as we read each other poems. natsuki's poem was basic and simple to read. it had a good rhythm with the words she chose.

"so what do you think?" she asked.

"it was really good." i said as i read the ending again. wait...the meaning. "i love the direct message of your poem."

Natsuki seemed surprise as her eyes went wide. "you...understand what it means?"

"yeah." i smile. "to give those hope when all is lost. to stand up for them is the first step to build humanity." She was dumbfounded at first, before she smiled.

"yeah exactly! im surprise you knew!"

"hehe. but what do you think of my poem?" i asked. she glance at it again and then looked at me.

"it is really interesting, but it also got me concern for you. did you hit your head or something?" Natsuki asked.

"haha no." i chuckled. "just had a small headache nothing more." i lied as we took back our poems. "i look forward to reading more poems from you!" This caused a blush on her face, as i decide who to go to next. it seems Yuri was done with Sayori since she's talking to Monika. so i went to Sayori as she smiled when i approached.

"Hey Kazz. ready to share?" she asked.

"yep." i chimed as we exchange our papers as i read hers. Sayori's poem was about love and how it can heal people, maybe not immediately but later on. no matter how much a person goes through much sorrow, somebody will be there to give them that feeling. i was actually surprise how well she wrote it. but when i got to the end i couldnt help but laugh to myself for the last line that was out of place from the rest of the poem. when i glance at Sayori she looked interested into what i wrote as her eyes went to left to right reading each line before she looked at me.