eighteen

╰─▸ IRL;

sage laid in her hotel bed, watching superntaural like she did on her downtime. she had seen it a thousand times over but never got sick of it. it was her comfort show, besides the walking dead, which she had just finished rewatching a week prior. another episode was about to start when someone knocked on her door. sage groaned as she got up, standing and opening the door to someone she definitely wasn't expecting.

"sadie?" sage asked, wrapping her arms around herself as if to hide in plain sight. sadie was looking at her nervously, chewing on her bottom lip.

"can i come in?" sadie asked. sage nodded and stepped aside, letting the ginger girl in and closing her room door. without a word, sage went to sit on her bed, and snuggled back under the blanket. sadie followed suit, making herself at home beside sage, just like she had done the last time they were together. which felt like forever ago. and that feeling sat on sage's shoulders and she listened to sadie's breathing.

"i didn't mean it." sadie admitted, laying her head back against the headboard of sages 's bed.

"didn't mean what?" sage turned to her, head leaned back as well.

"that it was a mistake. i didn't mean it. i only said it because i thought you didn't like me in that way. i thought i ruined everything because i almost kissed you. i thought you only wanted to be friends. then i was gonna say something but you went on a date. then you said something but then you blocked me so i couldn't explain myself. i love you, sage. i love you more than i thought i did. sage, when you opened that door my heart almost beat out of my chest." sadie looked toward sage, who was already staring at the girl.

"god, i love you." sage breathed out, taking sadie's face in her hands and kissing her with all the emotion she couldn't show in the weeks she's been pining for her. sadie sighed into the kiss, pulling sage closer to her by the hips. moments later, they parted, and sadie rested her forehead on the blonde's.

"this is how it's supposed to be." sage said, linking her hand with sadie's.