Welcome to Hellfire

Steve's POV

How did we stay up so late? My parents are gonna kill me!

"So... do you like the game?" Dustin asks.

"Honestly, yeah. I like it a lot!" I say.

"Good, because now you have to convince Eddie that you actually want to join." He says.

"Oh, right. I really hope that he lets me. I mean, how else am I supposed to get close to him?" I say.

"I wish that you would have told me you liked him before you made this plan. I really could have helped you come up with a better plan. But, here we are. I hope it works out for you. Now go, it's four in the morning!" Dustin says.

"Okay! Bye!" I shout as I walk out the front door.

"Bye! Hellfire meets every Friday!" Dustin yells quickly as a shut the door.

God, I really hope this wasn't for nothing

*Time Skip*

It is now Friday.

I spent the whole day with in anxious feeling growing in my stomach. Now, school is over and I am slowely walking down the hallway. I really want this to work.

As I approach the door I hear playful yelling. But even with all of the screaming there is one voice in particular that I can pick out, Eddie's. The butterflies in my stomach speed up even just from hearing his voice.

I turn the door knob and push the door open. I watch as everyone turns their heads to look at me.

"Harrington?" Eddie asks

"Um yeah, hi. I- I wanted to ask you something, Eddie." I stutter. Damnit, I probably sound like a idiot.

"And that is?" Eddie asks with confusion in his tone.

"Um, it's kinda embarrassing." I mumble out just loud enough for him to hear.

"Uh, okay. Byers be my replacement for a sec." Eddie says as he stands up and begins to walk towards me.

"Okay Eddie!" Will shouts as we both walk out the door and close it behind us. ( AN: Will didn't move in this fanfic so I think it is only natural for Will to be in Hellfire.)

"So, what did you need Harrington?" Eddie asks with a slight smirk. The buttryflies in my stomach speed up, if that is even possible. I take a deep breath and manage to mutter out a 'can I join Hellfire?' under my breath.

"What did you say? You're gonna have to speak up." crap.

"Can I join Hellfire?" I say slightly louder, but I know he hears it based off of the shocked look on his face.

"Uh... do you know how to play?" He asks.

"Yeah! I had Henderson teach me and I really liked it, so I thought why not join Hellfire?" I say faster than normal out of nervousness.

"Are you sure you want to join? I mean we aren't exactly the popular kids." He says with a slight chuckle.

"Yes! I really want to join!" I say enthusiastically.

"Then I don't see why not." Eddie says with a small smile on his face.

"Welcome to Hellfire, Harrington"