ten

• Being a ten

A doorbell ringing interrupted their banter. Utahime stopped throwing things at him while he was just laughing.

"Were you expecting someone?" she asked while holding a chair.

"No. It's probably the first years. Nobara often drags them here because she likes my place. She said it's fancy."

"Your students? Do they know about me?"

"No." He rolled his eyes. "You told me I can't come over to your apartment if I told them." When Satoru told her earlier that Megumi knew of them, he was really joking. He knew that, as a teacher, Utahime will feel uncomfortable for bringing the news of two teachers dating to the kids.

She panicked. What will the students think about their status?

"Aren't you going to open the door for them?"

"You looked panicky."

"Well, yes. But the sound of the doorbell is infuriating!"

Satoru dashed off to open the door. Utahime looked at herself in the mirror once to settle any intense feeling left after that encounter with him.

As she approached the living room, she heard him saying that he's got company.

"Who?" Nobara asked. "Your girl?"

"Yes, and she's very grumpy."

"Is that how you describe me to them, Satoru?" She entered the scene with a 'really' face directed to Satoru.

"Iori-sensei?" Three of them asked at the same time.

"Good afternoon, kids. How are you all?"

"Eh!?" Nobara yelled. "How could she be with you, Gojo-sensei!? You're loud, obnoxious, hard to deal with, and annoying! She's really proper and nice!"

Utahime snickered while he shrieked. "Hey!"

"It just somehow ended up this way." Utahime walked closer to them and stood beside Satoru.

"Iori-sensei, did he threaten you into dating him?" Nobara asked. Yuuji gasped, "He didn't... did he?"

"Hey!"

"No," Utahime replied. "Why don't you all sit down first?"

The three students followed behind the couple towards the sitting space.

All of them were still in their uniforms. Nobara wore her pink bag while the two boys didn't bring any extra things with them.

"Did you just got back from a mission?" she asked.

Nobara sat down and crossed her legs. It wasn't difficult to see that she was really comfortable in his home. Yuuji settled beside Nobara.

"Hey, you dork! My bag! Don't lean on my bag!" Turns out, she put her bag beside her, and Yuuji just had to sit there.

"I'm sorry!" He quickly got up and sat the farthest from her. They continued to bicker. Nobara was scolding Yuuji while he scrambled for a response.

"I'm sorry for their behavior, Iori-sensei." Megumi suddenly said and bowed. "It's a little late, but good afternoon to you too."

"For someone who had a manchild appear in their lives at such a young age, you grew up really well, Megumi-kun." Utahime patted his shoulders. "It's okay. And you don't have to call me 'sensei' outside professional settings. Utahime is fine."

"Why are you so nice to other people?" Satoru asked.

"I am nice." she replied without looking at him. "Sit down, Megumi-kun. I'll bring you some drinks."