𝕧𝕚𝕚𝕚. ℙ𝕒𝕡𝕒

C H A P T E R

C H A P T E R . E I G H T

"...And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes." Nancy continued as she told us what happened. What she saw. What Vecna showed her.

I felt like Steve didn't want to believe her, none of us did. We didn't want to really accept the fact that our lives are in danger. Hawkins is in danger.

I often wonder how a lab simply ruined our lives for the better and worse within just three years. It all changed when Will went missing, and we thought he was just lost. We are just teenagers witnessing the most traumatizing shit than most of the teenagers yet even adults.

"-these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer, but... they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins. Our home." She said with tears rushing out of her face. I felt so sad for what she saw.

four gates?

"Four chimes." I chimed in. The group looked at me confused, "Vecna's clock, it always chimes four times. Four exactly"

Nancy stared at nowhere, "I heard them too.."

I felt like I solved a puzzle of this asshole's plan, I solved his puzzle. "He's been telling us his plan this whole time."

"Four kills. Four gates. End of the world." Lucas realized what I meant.

"If that's true... he's only one kill away," Dustin added, looking at me and Max.

Eddie mumbled onto his hand as Steve told Max to try and reach the Byers house who weren't answering our calls.

"We have to go back in there. Back to the Upside Down" Nancy said with a serious yet worried look.

As we were arguing who was the next victim and the group looking at me thinking Vecna was still after me, Max jumped in, "I can still feel him."

She stood there, I knew she was scared- she told me she was afraid to die, I knew how terrified this was making her, "I'm still marked. Cursed..." she continued, "I ditch Kate Bush, I draw his focus back to me"

Lucas tried to argue but eventually gave in seeing as this was our only option to survive and kill Vecna.

We all gathered at the table as Eddie slammed a newspaper on it, "Check this out. The War Zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh... well, killing things, basically" he said while pointing to the ad.

"Great, so we go for it. We can't sit down and allow Vecna to take Max, then soon Hawkins. We have to at least try, Steve" I replied as the group nodded.

Now we were trying to figure out how we'd get there, Eddie stood straight and turned to Max. "Hey, Red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that?"

I giggled at her nickname.

We are currently sprinting behind Eddie wearing a Halloween mask. God he just does the most random shit and can make me smile during a traumatic period.