The Party

Around 4:29, the party was nearly beginning.
    Four rather mischievous teens burst into the restaurant to meet their friend, Cindy. "Hi!" She said happily, her younger sister letting a squeak of joy out.
   "Doesn't my party look great?!" Susie jumped up and down excitedly, holding her special  birthday hat from Freddy's. "We're gonna have the place to ourselves and an adult for an hour!" She smiled gleefully.
   "Yeah it does!" Bonnie exclaimed, handing a box to Susie. "I figured you'd like to open your gift from us now." Bonnie mentioned to Ash, Freddy and Fritz.
   "I can?!" Susie started tearing the wrapping paper off after getting a "yes" from her father. "A new pony!" She gave a bear hug to the group of teens. "Thanks!"
   She ran over to her friends that arrived early "Chris!" She exclaimed "Hi!"

          An hour later, the party had finally settled in a bit, letting the teens talk.
   "Your sister was okay with you bringing us to her party?" Ash questioned, taking a small sip of his soda.
   Cindy nodded, explaining "We made a deal that if I helped her bake a cake I could bring my friends." Cindy smiled "She also said something about wanting to see Bonnie."
   Bonnie smiled, looking to the pile of gifts that Susie had to open. "How many people are here?"
   "Around 70 people, 35 guests for Susie's party." Cindy smiled as her friends gawked. "If you enjoy less people and more games, our parents rented out the restaurant for just us and Susie at around eight to nine at night."
   "Nice! How'd you get that?" Freddy exclaimed, taking a bite out of the signature pizza.
   Cindy looked to her friend "Susie is friends with Elizabeth, her dad owns this restaurant." She shrugged.
   Fritz exclaimed excitedly "Finally the cake!"He pointed to the cake on the main dining table.
   Bonnie sighed "Didn't your mom say no cake? Because it makes you get a sugar crash?"
   Fritz rolled his eyes. "Yeah, sure mom." He went up to the cake.
   "I'm just saying- you're gonna crash." She said.
   "If he crashes there's less competition in games." Ash shrugged.

          An hour and a half later; 7:09 PM.
   People had began filtering out, leaving around 20 people left in the restaurant.
   Half of the group of teenage friends sat in the arcade, playing games. The other half, Bonnie and Ash; sat at the end table in Pirate's Cove.
   Bonnie sat quietly, flipping through a book she'd picked up from the library. "How's it been at home?" She asked Ash, catching him off guard.
   "Oh it's just like normal." He answered nervously, going to take another sip of soda. "My family wants me to be the heir to the family business so they want me to go to some extremely expensive and well-known university." He shrugged.
   "Like Harvard? That'd be nice." She dreamed of what it would be like to be a student at some prestigious university. She looked to the blonde boy, leaning to him. "What's bad about going to an expensive university, other than it being hard to pass?"
Ash sighed, looking to the ground "They expect me to be up to all their standards, the super strict ones."
Bonnie looked to her best friend "Oh... that really sucks, doesn't it?" She asked him.
Ash nodded "It does but there's still my sister that wanted to own the business." He sighed, looking to the animatronic on stage.
Bonnie nodded, looking to her hands. "It'll be okay." She tried to comfort him as he sighed. "Maybe one day they'll be okay with you refusing- er... not wanting to own the family business."
"My parents really expect me to take over the business, because I'm the son and my parents are pretty freaking traditional." Ashton shrugged.
"With disrespect, fuck your parents, Ash." She sighed. "Want something to eat? The pizza might be getting cold by now." She said, getting up, trying to avoid the awkward situation.
Ash shrugged "Maybe a small slice?" He asked, looking to the teen sprinting into the room.
Bonnie left the room, leaving Ash to himself.

Michael charged in, slapping his hand onto Ash's shoulder. "Hi! How are you?" Michael asked giddily.
Ash sighed "Fine." He looked to the side.
"What's wrong Ash? Where's Freddy?" Michael asked, looking to his friend.
   Ashton grumbled "Nothin', Freddy's in the arcade." He pointed out of Pirates Cove.
   "Are you sure?" He intertwined his fingers together, waiting for an answer. He smiled giddily as Ash turned to him. "You seem upset?"
   "I'm just tired, leave me alone." Ash shrugged Michael off, making him frown.
   "Okay." Michael walked away in disappointment, going to find Freddy in the arcade.

   Bonnie soon walked back inside, asking Ash why Michael seemed so upset.
"He's probably just tired or hasn't eaten in a while." Ash shrugged, looking at the piece of pizza that Bonnie handed to him. "Are you sure I can eat this?"
She nodded "Why not, it isn't too greasy is it?" She asked, looking out of the Pirate's Cove "I'm gonna go play some games, you'll be fine here alone right?" She asked, picking up an empty juice box.
He nodded, following behind her "Might as well join in on the fun."

7:29 PM; In the Emily household.
Alice looked to the kitchen, which to her surprise, was still a mess. Her husband usually despised messes and cleaned them up as soon as possible. "Henry?" She checked around the corner to see him giving their daughter a meal.
He looked towards her "What's wrong Alice?" Henry sighed as Charlotte dropped food on the floor, trying not to be as irritable as he had been in the past few days. "Oh." He looked towards the kitchen "I'll clean that up soon, I've just been really exhausted lately." He explained, walking over to the kitchen.
"You aren't telling me something." Alice said, shoving a box of noodles back in a cupboard. "You seem really upset."
He grumbled "William and I are opening a new restaurant in five days, it's nerve-racking to make sure everything is perfect like Will wants it." He started washing the dishes in the sink. "I guess I haven't been sleeping as well lately." Henry admitted, stacking the wet dishes in a pile.
Alice frowned "You've been feeling this way for weeks now, maybe it has something to do with William." She suggested as Henry looked to her in confusion "Pretty much every time you've been upset in the past three months it's because of William or it has something to do with him."
Henry was visibly upset by Alice's suggestion "He's my best friend, he would never do something to hurt me."
Alice frowned, really not being able to see how Henry could be naïve enough not to see all of William's red flags. She even felt angry at Henry for being oblivious to William's obvious red flags. "Fine, just try to get some rest tonight, okay?"