17- Dancing In The Moonlight

Lily's POV

Lily's POV

When we left The War Zone we headed straight for a safe place to fix up our weapons and practice fighting. We stopped when we found an open field with no one around, it was the perfect place. We grabbed all of our supplies and got out of the RV. All of us set up in our spots and got to work. Eddie was nailing nails into a dumpster can lid and I was sharpening ring daggers. I kept them hidden in my boots, no one knew about them.

"Woah, where'd you get those?" Eddie asks me with furrowed brows.

"Oh, I- I've had them hidden for a while. I guess I just wanted....to feel....a sense of safety? I don't really know." I say awkwardly looking down at the daggers.

"You don't feel safe?" Eddie asks me softly and I just shrug. " You've got me now. And I know I'm known for running away, but I'm running with you now." He says with a smile, grabbing my hand, and I look up while smiling back.

"Running is sometimes a good thing. It's not bad to run away when you're faced with danger." I say with a soft smile.

I was finishing fixing up all my weapons when I heard music. It was coming from the RV. I soon had the biggest smile on my face when I realized what song it was.

"We get it on most every night."

"And when that ol' moon gets so big and bright."

"Why are you smiling like that?" Eddie asks me with the same smile.

"This is one of my favorite songs." I say motioning towards the RV where the music is playing.

"Well then, may I have this dance?" Eddie says playfully as he bows down and offers me his hand.
I laugh and take his hand.

"You may."

"Dancing in the moonlight."

"Everybody's feeling warm and bright."

"It's such a fine and natural sight."

"Everybody's dancing in the moonlight."

Eddie and I are definitely professional dancers, but it's nice to play around and have fun. I wanna be here forever. Right here. Right in this moment with him. That's when I knew.....I love him. I love, Eddie Munson. Holy shit.

Eddie looked at me with a soft smile and I lightly laughed. He moved a piece of hair out of my face and lightly placed his hands on my face.

"I love you." I suddenly say just a little above a whisper. Eddie looks at me for a moment. "I love you, Eddie Munson. Right now, I don't care what you say....I just need you to know. I need you to know before its too late. Before something happens because I don't know what- -"

Just then, I was cut off by Eddie pulling me in and kissing me. It was passionate and slow. When we pulled away I looked at him confused.

"I love you too." Eddie replies softly whispering into my ear. I slightly turned my head towards his face and saw the smirk he had.