"I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation, Lady Thornhart." Daniel announced, making the three women turn their heads towards him. "But I would like to speak to you."

"Speak of the Devil and he shall appear."Persephone mumbled, earning a glare from her sister.

Rachel cleared her throat. "I'm sorry Mister Miller but I don't think it's appropriate but I do apologize for my husband's comments. It was very unnecessary."

Daniel shook his head. "Don't worry Lady Thornhart. I understand I overstepped by coming into your home and pretending to be something I was not but I really want to say something."

"Very well, please take a seat." Rachel gestured to the seat next to Persephone across from Rachel.

Quickly, Daniel took a seat. "I first would like to apologize for everything. I don't believe Lord Thornhart is to blame for any of this."

"So you're not mad that he pretty much belittled you in front of all of us?" Persephone asked. Persephone was very confused, Francis had basically mopped the floor with him and he was ok with it?

"No. I do not blame him. If I was in his position I would have done the same thing. It was all my fault. I knew my chances with Athena were slim to none but I really do care about her." Daniel admitted, turning to look at Athena. "So much so that I would like to marry her."

Persephone choked on her own saliva, not believing what she was hearing. This man was delusional. After everything her father had said to him, why would he want to marry Athena? In what chance did he think Francis was going to let Athena marry him?

"Are you crazy?" Persephone practically shouted, earning looks from people around them.

"Persephone." Athena hissed, annoyed at her sister bringing them attention.

"Persephone, what don't you go on for a walk while we speak about this matter." Rachel calmly spoke, gesturing to Persephone to go.

"You're not seriously thinking—"

"Persephone, please." Rachel insisted. "Just go, I'll handle this."

With a huff, Persephone got up, walking away from the trio. She couldn't believe what was happening. Were they desperate enough to actually consider Daniel as Athena's husband even after Francis laughed in his face?

"I knew I heard your voice." Naomi spoke as she walked towards her best friend. Just like the Thornharts, the Everfalls were outside having a picnic as well.

"You will not believe what is happening." Persephone could always share her secrets with Naomi. Out of the three girls, Naomi and Persephone were always the closest.

Naomi raised her brows, leaning towards her. "Spill."

"Not here." Persephone looked around. "There's too many people here. Let's go for a walk."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"Come on Persephone, we have been walking for ages and you haven't told me anything." Naomi abruptly stopped, making Persephone stop as well. They were practically away from everyone.

"Fine. You know how Athena made her debut for the social season?" Persephone began. Naomi nodded her head already knowing this piece of information. "Well, during one of the events she had met with this man named Daniel Miller. She practically fell in love with him right then and there but the problem was, she didn't know him."

"His name doesn't ring a bell." Naomi shook her head.

"Exactly. We then finally meet the infamous Daniel and come to find out he works in the mills."