Dakota's jaw dropped, a light tint of pink evident on her cheeks, "Hey no ma'am, do not pin the fact that you said that on me." She wrapped her fingers around another throw pillow and chucked it toward her friend.

The four women chuckled lightly, a warm feeling spreading in Dakota's chest. Ever since her Top Gun days, ever since Penny would sneak her a beer here and there when she was a couple years short of 21. The protectiveness she felt over Amelia, the smile that spread on her lips each time the girl's gaze would find her, the sister relationship they shared, talking about anything and everything that came to mind when the two of them were together. The comfort she felt whenever Phoenix was in her presence, the buzzing of her nerves and thoughts instantly fizzing out when she would place a warm hand on her knee, thumb rubbing soft circles into her skin, eyes always a comfort.

The more that Dakota would think about it, the more her brain inevitably ran over the headache inducing thoughts of one Bradley Bradshaw, she realized that she felt all those aspects when she was with him. The protectiveness, the comfort, the love. Yet, no matter how much her heart was screaming at her to just tell him, especially after that, quite odd moment between them after her flight sequence earlier today, the way he just looked at her felt different. The way he touched her felt different. The way he kissed her ignited an emotion in her body that she just would not let herself come to terms with. No matter how much it hurt her.

"So, speaking of," Penny said, laying her arm across Dakota's shoulders and pulling the girl into her side. "What's going on with you and Bradley? Last time I heard anything was a week ago, yet last time I saw anything was a few days ago." Dakota furrowed her eyebrows, as Amelia quirked her head, "You're still doing shit with him?" She questioned from Phoenix's side. "Amelia! Language!" Penny scolded her daughter, making the younger roll her eyes and brush it off. Dakota smiled at the exchange, yet nonetheless sighed heavily, "Well we went to dinner after the beach," she felt her cheeks heat up at just the sheer thought at the sinful activities he had pursued in public that night. "And then after dinner I went home, couldn't sleep, then he showed up and y'know we did what we usually did. Yet, it was different this time. I mean to me, obviously."

She felt Penny squeeze her shoulders as she spoke, "Just, I don't know," her eyes moved down to her lap, where she played with her fingers, a nervous habit of hers. "Like I don't wanna get to the point where I was that night when we yelled at each other. I mean, what if after this mission I'll never see him again? That's worse than any other pain." She internally cringed at her words, knowing how cliche it sounded but, it was oh so true.

Dakota felt her heart pounding in her chest, hating the fact that she's talking about it, despite the fact that she knows she has to at some point. "Last time, he just held me. Like and his words didn't feel as lust driven as they usually are." Her eyes drifted over to the youngest female, "Sorry Amelia, you probably don't wanna hear-" she cut her off with a wave of her hand, "Bullshit. I like hearing about this stuff." She sent a loving smile to her. "And plus the fact that he's hot helps. Ow!" Amelia exclaimed, in result to Phoenix pinching her arm.

The females laughed, Dakota leaning down to grab the bowl of popcorn from the coffee table, settling back in Penny's arms. "Well after that little intervention, how about we," She threw the blanket over her and the older woman, "I don't know, finish the movie. Considering it's movie night?" Dakota said, fingers wrapping around the remote that was placed to the left of her. The girls agreed, the sound of Damien's voice sounding through the quaint living room.

She basked in the feeling of Penny's arms, leaning her head on the older's shoulder.

She had always been close with the woman ever since she was little, the fact being that her mom was best friends with the barmaid. Even when she died, the last person that Dakota had left in her family, inevitably leaving her, she never felt lonely. Penny ultimately treating her like her own, always inviting her over for holidays or family gatherings. The older woman always made her feel comfortable, no matter what. She was there for her when her dad left at an early age, when Bradley broke her heart without even knowing it, when her mom died not long after she got deployed.