Chapter 168 - Morgan Origins

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." Kara nods back, "What.... are we going to do with Morgan today?"

"Well.... we obviously will need to sort out her whole school situation, but it's Friday today, so that can wait until next week." Lena says, "But as for today, I don't think it will be a good idea for her to come into L-Corp with me, because I won't be able to be with her for most of the day, because I have a lot of meetings. So, can you take care of her?"

"Uhhh.... Yeah." Kara nods, "Actually, I'll just work from home today. I don't physically need to be at CatCo for any meetings or anything today, so I'll give Jess a call to let her know I'll be working from here. That way Morgan can just stay here with me all day, and maybe we can go for a little walk or something during lunch?"

"That sounds lovely, darling." Lena smiles, "Now, I'm just going to hop into the shower. You go wake the kids."

"Sure." Kara nods.

Lena then proceeds to walk into the bathroom while Kara leaves the bedroom and heads for Alura's room first. Kara pokes her head in Alura's room, but as soon as she does, she sees that Alura is nowhere to be found.

"Alura?" Kara calls out, as she walks further inside the room.

Kara gets no response, and walks into Alura's bathroom to check to see if the 5-year-old is there, but she isn't. After this, Kara assumes that maybe Alura got up early or something, and has gone downstairs, which she knows would be strange, but she doesn't want to panic just yet.

Once Kara determines Alura is not in her bedroom, she decides to walk across the hall and head inside the bedroom Morgan is sleeping in, and as soon as she does this, Kara's heart soars. Kara's heart soars because the sight she sees before her is Alura and Morgan sleeping in the same bed, cuddled with one another, fast asleep. In fact, the sight is so incredible that Kara quickly heads back into her and Lena's bedroom to grab her phone, and take a photo, so that Lena can see it later.

A couple of minutes later, when Kara is done admiring the sight, she walks further into the bedroom, and takes a seat on the edge of the bed, next to Alura.

"Girls, it's time to wake up." Kara says in a soft voice, as she strokes Alura's side.

Neither Alura or Morgan wake up, at first, but as Kara slowly continues to stroke Alura's side, the 5-year-old soon begins to wake, which in turn causes Morgan to wake up, due to Alura's movements.

"Morning, girls." Kara smiles.

"Morning, mommy." Alura smiles back, shifting away from Morgan and taking Kara in for a sleepy hug.

Morgan, for her part, doesn't say anything, she just looks at Kara with a nervous look on her face. Kara simply puts it down to Morgan being new to being around her and everything.

"So, why are you two sleeping in the same bed? What happened?" Kara asks, with a soft smile on her face.

"I promise, I didn't mean to do it." Morgan quickly says, with a worried look on her face.

"Mean to do what?" Kara asks, confused.

"It's okay, Morgan." Alura says, turning to look at the 4-year-old, before turning back to look at Kara, "Morgan was sleep walking last night. I saw her do it when I went to get up to do a wee. So, I helped her back to bed, but as I did, she woke up, and told me she was scared, and doesn't like when she sleepwalks. So, I stayed with her, and we went to sleep together."

"Oh, okay." Kara nods.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sleep walk." Morgan says, still in a worried voice.