14

the last thing you remembered was the flash of light before the tree caught fire. that bright, orange light that blinded everything around it.

as you wake up more, you start to realize your surroundings. somehow, you ended up on wilbur's mattress with him sleeping below you.

"wait, the chills, the hyperventilating, i remember now. i remember when.. when i woke up freaking out and.. oh! when wilbur comforted me, aww."

you blink a bit and crane your neck up to look at will's. he's still asleep, so you let him be. you stare a bit at the blank tv in front of you, but when that quickly gets boring, you grab for your phone in your sweatpants pocket.

you're feeling a lot better, but still a bit clammy. you check instagram, discord, and twitter messages before opening snapchat and taking a photo using the back-facing camera of you being held by wilbur. it's super cute, and if you wouldn't of known, it doesn't even look like you two. so technically, you could post it but decide not to. it's too intimate of a moment, you think.

after scrolling through tiktok for twenty minutes on the lowest volume possible to not wake anyone, it hits you that you're laying on top/next to your boyfriend, surrounded by your friends. eeeh, lowkey awkward, you think to yourself. you softly and silently shimmy out of wilbur's hold to use the bathroom, hoping not to disturb him.

in the bathroom, you look outside the window by the sink. it's peacefully drizzling, and the storm has died down. the world is tinted orange and pink because of the sunrise behind the clouds, and you think that looks so stunning. it's probably about 5 a.m., and you're used to being up early, so you don't feel like going back to sleep.

once you brush your teeth and hair, you head into wilbur's room and pick an outfit. i guess i should stop calling it wilbur's room now; it's also technically mine.

a quick change into a vineyards vines t-shirt, a hooded jacket, and pacsun shorts leads you to head out of the flat and down the stairs into the garden. there's this adorable area behind the flat complex building with benches, lights, and paths. behind there is a forest, but that seems a bit scary going out alone. plus, it brings back memories. so, you just sit on the bench and swing your dangling legs.

several minutes go by of your peacefully sitting with nature. your decision of silencing your phone helped you take a moment with yourself and just relax. you take a look around your surroundings and try to figure out how you got so lucky.

then, your peace got interrupted when a giant blob turns the corner, running and panting.

"where the hell have you been?!"

date of publication: july 6th 2022
word count: 484