Part 5

Daisy's pov -
As I was looking through the comments on his post I saw Nicole's, I guess Conrad ditched her for me. I felt fuzzy inside but horrible at the same time, I'd hate for someone to make plans with me then cancel them last minute.
As we got to Conrad's house susannah came out.
" there she is" she says walking to me with her arms out.
" hi susannah!" I say hugging her.
As I break away from the hug I look over to Conrad with this weird look in his eyes. I turn my attention back to susannah as she asks a question.
" what happened there?" She says referring to my leg.
" got caught up by my fin" I say looking down at it.
"Thankfully Conrad was there to help me with it" I say looking over to him.
" that's my Connie, always helping" she says grabbing his face and planting a kiss to his forehead.
I've always wanted a relationship like that with my mom but unfortunately she passed away when I was very young so I never got the chance. I've never really told anyone other than Amelia, darcy and susannah. I wonder if susannah ever mentioned it to Conrad.
He suggested we go into the tv room as susannah was going out for some groceries.
" you need anything?" She asks me grabbing her car keys.
" uhm no thank you" I say politely.
" oh and Conrad, belly and Steven are coming up today with laurel, make sure everything's ready for them" she says walking out.
I wonder who belly and Steven are.
" I wish I had a mother like her" I say under my breath.
" why? What's wrong with your mom?" He says innocently.
I'm guessing she never did talk to him about it.
" uhm she passed away when I was younger, never really got to know her" I say tearing up.
He quickly pulls me into a side hug whilst we were sat on the sofa.
We sat like that for a while until he suggested we watched tv.
After a while I heard a car horn outside, Conrad quickly jumped up and ran to the door.
" what's up!" He says to who I'm presuming is Steven.
Then belly comes in and he just stands still and doesn't say anything.
" hi" she says shyly.
" hey!" He says coming out of his trance.
Belly notices me and that's when Conrad introduces me.
" belly, Steven, this is dais, my bestest friend ever" he says ruffling my hair.
"Best friend?" I thought.
What the actual heck, we weren't just "best friends" I'm guessing belly noticed my facial expression when she gave me a nod.
" hi guys sorry I better head home so you guys can catch up" I say grabbing my car keys.
" dais, stay please" Conrad says as he follows me.
" best friend? I - I thought, you know what, nevermind" I say walking off.
And he lets me walk off by myself, I quickly jump in my car and drive the opposite way. Down to the beach.

Conrad's pov -
I can't believe she reacted like that, how else was I supposed to introduce her? We weren't together or anything, like seriously how else would I introduce her.
" well that went well didn't it?" Belly chirps up.
" why didn't you say girlfriend? Or someone I'm dating" she chirps up again not getting an answer the first time.
I don't know, I could've said we were dating, belly knew about her, I called her one night asking for advice on what to do.
" I don't know bells, I got tongue tied" I say frustrated.
" go after her" she says chucking me my car keys.
As I'm walking out I see laurel, now that was my best friend, I absolutely adore her.
"Where you of too?" She says closing the trunk of the car.
" just out I'll be back" I say giving her a quick hug.
"Wouldn't have anything to do with that girl running down here would it?" She says hugging me back.
" maybe" I wink to her.
I'm not about to mess this up already, I'm coming daisy.