Chapter 6

Clinton double checked the address, he couldn't believe Jean stayed there. When he knocked on the door, there was no answer, "Jean!" he shouted as he knocked harder on the door.

"Can I help you?" Kadel said walking towards Clinton. "Yeah, I'm looking for Jean Pelton," Clinton said with a smile. "She's supposed to live at this address."

Kadel raised his eyebrows, "And who are you?"

"I'm Clinton King and you?" he greeted.

"Kadel Brown, I'm Jean's boyfriend," he informed.

"Nice to meet you," Clinton said.

"What do you want with Jean? Because she doesn't live here anymore!" Kadel elicited.

Clinton cleared his throat, "Well, I'm starting a new company and I would like to give Jean an opportunity to work with me. And tell her my father is not involved in this company. So, if she's interested to give me a call," he took out a business card to give to Kadel.

Ever since his mom agreed to invest in his business, all Clinton could focus on was Jean. He knew he had to have her be a part of his company.

Kadel took the card from Clinton and considered tearing it apart in his face because he remember Jean saying she hated Clinton's family. But he also knows that she is also miserable at her new job.

"I'll make sure, I tell her," Kadel said.

"Thank you," Clinton said before walking to his car. Kadel watched as he drove off and then proceeded to drive over to Neve's house.

"Jean's in the room," Neve said after she opened the door for him.

"Thanks," Kadel said walking passed Neve.

"Wassup beautiful," he said kissing Jean on the lips passionately.

"Mhmm," Jean moaned lightly. " What was that about?" A huge smile ran across her face, she was glad to see Kadel especially since now, she only gets Sundays off.

"Your man can't be happy to see you," he said kissing her again.

"Yes, you can!" she stammered between the kiss.

"How was your day?" he asked releasing her from his lips.

"Fine, I've been in bed all day," she admitted. "How was yours?"

"It was fine too but when I was picking up some of your mail. Clinton King was knocking on your old apartment door."

"He was?" she asked perplexed.

"Yeah, he wanted to offer you a job."

"I will never work for Issac King again!" Jean swore.

"Well, he said his dad wasn't a part of this company," Kadel said handing Jean the business card.

She took the card and stared at it for a moment. "Do you want to consider it?" Kadel asked.

"I don't know," she answered as Kadel laid beside her.

"I think you should, you're miserable at your job. At least hear what he has to say!" Jean never told him the real reason she lost her job. He just thought she was mad because they laid her off.

"Maybe," she said snuggling under Kadel's body.

...

Weeks passed and Jean still hasn't called Clinton. So, he decided to take matters into his own hands. He made an appointment at Comfort Smiles for the next available day.

He stood in front of the door but before he entered, he peeked through the set of doors and his eyes landed straight on the front desk, she wasn't looking up from the screen but he could still tell that was Jean.