07 | operation child-endangerment

CHAPTER SEVEN
operation child-endangerment

CHAPTER SEVENoperation child-endangerment

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*・✧

"Hmm...Yeah, I don't know." Erica said stepping back down the ladder after checking in the vent.

"You don't know if you can fit?" Robin asked.

Erica scoffed, "Oh, I can fit. I just don't know if I want to."

"Are you claustrophobic?"

"I don't have phobias." She sassed back.

Robin was right, Erica was a piece of work. Her brother Lucas was far more agreeable.

"Okay, well, what's the problem?" Robin asked, patience wearing.

"The problem is, I still haven't heard what's in this for Erica." She emphasized, placing a hand on her chest.

Azalea turned around to Steve and eyed his ice cream scooper.

Eventually, the group got Erica over to a booth in the store, surrounded by various sundaes, milkshakes, and ice cream scoops.

"More fudge, please." Erica demanded, pushing one of her many sundaes back towards Steve, "Go on."

Steve looked like he was about to lose his mind, but he got up to do it anyway.

"All right." Robin said turning to Erica, showing her their outlined blueprint, "You see this? This is the route you're gonna take. Then we just wait till the last delivery goes out tonight. Then you knock out the grate, jump down, open the door."

Erica raised her brows, stirring her milkshake, "Then you find out what's in those boxes?"

"Exactly." Robin confirmed.

"Mm-hmm." Erica cocked a brow, "And you say this guard is armed."

"Yes, but he won't be there." Dustin interjected quickly.

"And booby traps?" Erica asked genuinely.

Robin and Azalea both snorted, asking in unison, "Booby traps?"

Erica continued, "Lasers, spikes in the wall?"

"What?" Azalea gawked, "This is real-life, not some spy movie."

Erica ignored her, "You know what this half-baked plan of yours sounds like to me? Child endangerment."

Robin tried to assure her, "We'll be in radio contact with you the whole time—"

"Ah, ah, ah!" Erica interjected, emphasizing every syllable, "Child endangerment."

"Erica?" Dustin tapped her. He shrunk away slightly from her sharp glare, "Hi. Uh...We think these Russians want to do harm to our country. Great harm. Don't you love your country?"