Memories

Dean's point of view

"Have you ever been in love?" A woman next to me asks. I'm sitting on a bench in the park, looking at the children that are playing around on the playground. I'm old-aged already and all that's left for me is to sit in the park and watch how others living their lives.

I remember when I was little, I met a kid named Castiel on this playground. I begged my parents to come here every day so I could play with him. I thought he was funny.

A few years after we went to school. We had a lot of classes together and in each and every one of them Cas was the best. He knew too much, I didn't know it was possible to know at least something about everything. During those classes I just sat there and watched him. I thought he was brilliant.

In college we shared a room together. I got to see him shirtless way too many times than I should've been allowed. He was skinny but muscled at the same time. I thought he was beautiful.

After the prom I got enough courage to say that he was more than just a friend for me. His blue eyes had shined brighter than the moon with happiness and his lips were so sweet and soft when he first kissed me. I thought he was incredible.

A year later we moved in together. When I woke up one morning Cas was cooking in the kitchen only with his boxers on. He was humming something under his breath. I thought he was adorable.

In our first night he was gentle and loving and passionate at the same time. I thought he was the best thing that had happened in my life.

We have spent a lot of happy years together, he gave me everything I had ever wanted in my life and many things beyond that. Things I never thought were possible to experience and feel.

A few weeks ago he passed away. And now I'm sitting in the park every day and watching the place where our story had started. He's alive as long as I remember about him and I will remember him until my last breath comes.

"Yes. And it was beautiful."