chapter 1 - What Will I Unleash When I Break?

Start from the beginning

Sabina gave Ten a smile.

Hallway

Sabina led Ten down the hallway by the hand, looking down at his wrist to look at the "010" tattooed in his skin.

A female doctor walked in the opposite direction with another psionic. "Afternoon, Dr. Ivanova."

"Dr. Ellis," Sabina replied.

Sabina and Ten rounded the corner, walking past Eleven's room (labeled with 11 on the door) on their way.

Observation Room

Ten had the head piece with wires monitoring his brain activity while practicing his powers. His eyes were closed.

Sabina was sitting across from him at the table, drawing a sun on the paper in her lap. She was not a good artist by any means, and she was purposefully making the drawings look like they could have been made by a child for Ten's mental ease. "Okay. What do you see? Don't force it. Let it come to you. Just like we practiced."

Ten frowned, but kept his eyes closed. "It's... a yellow circle. The sun."

Sabina smiled softly. "Very good. Very good. All right. Now, let's see." She drew a childish depiction of a dog. "Okay. Now what do you see?"

"A... cow?" Ten asked.

Sabina glanced down, looking up, raising an eyebrow. "It's supposed to be a dog."

Ten smiled. "It looks like a cow."

Sabina chuckled. "It does, doesn't it? I never was much of an artist. All right, let's try something a little bit more challenging. Is that all right with you?" Ten nodded. "I want you to find Dr. Ellis. Can you do that?" Ten nodded, using his power to see what he couldn't possibly see, all with his eyes closed. "Have you found her?"

Ten's voice echoed slightly while using his power. "Yes."

"What's she doing?" Sabina asked.

"Lessons with Six in his room," Ten answered.

"What kind of lessons?" Sabina asked.

"Six is trying to move a block," Ten answered. "A red block."

Sabina wrote this down. "Can you hear what they're saying?"

Ten started to breathe uneasily, sensing something horrible. "Something's wrong."

"If you've lost the visual, just let it go," Sabina told him. "Try to reorient."

In Ten's mind, he could hear screaming, see blood staining the walls.

Sabina glanced at the machine tracking Ten's brain activity, seeing that his brain levels were spiking all over the place in fear and paranoia and horror.

"They're screaming," Ten told her.

"Why are they screaming?" Sabina asked. Ten's nose started to bleed, as he was trembling in fear. "Ten?" An alarm started to go off. Sabina quickly stood, walking toward the intercom on the wall, pushing a button to call out. "Peter, Alec, what's going on out there?"

Alec spoke through the com. "Ma'am, we've got a situation."

There was a gunshot sound through the com.