The backstory of the character

So this isn't the first chapter of this story, but it is recommended you read it so the rest of the story makes sense. Enjoy!

A long long time ago, the times is the 1500's... The era is one of great confusion and often, war. The era was called the pirate era, where pirates sailed the seas and the marines had to take care of them.

Back then, not all pirates were bad, unlike what you'd read from history. Some pirate groups had good goals, others, not so much. The marines were only around to try and keep them all in in check. If they stepped too far out of line, they would go after them. The more horrible things the pirates did or committed, the higher their bounty became, making them more and more wanted across the globe.

Back in that century, there were special fruits that granted the eater special abilities, with only one down fall from eating the fruit. The user was not capable of swimming any more. If they even tried, they would sink right to the bottom. There were 3 different types of these special fruits called devil fruits. There was the Peramecia: This type of fruit allows the user to have some sort of food/material as their ability. Like rubber or mochi. Some could manipulate the body or manipulate whatever it touches. All depends on the fruits abilities. A Zoan type: This fruit allows its user to transform themselves into some sort of creature or being, like a bird or elephant, maybe even a god. Some zoan fruits have more then just a transformation ability, some have a healing factor, others have extra components from other fruits. Then lastly, Logia: The logia type devil fruit is a element type devil fruit. Depending on which fruit eaten, you can have some sort of elemental power, like fire, or lightning, or sand. Normal attacks pass right through them, and the user may turn themselves into the fruits element for assistance in avoiding attacks.

Now that we have that all settled, lets get on to the main part of the backstory...

Many centuries have passed since the great pirate era, and the devil fruits have been long since casted out. But a new type of power came into play, one that people are born with. A young boy with his father are just simply out on a walk. The son has slicked back black hair, with black eyes, a dark green hoodie, and black pants. The kid was only about 11 at the time. The son was aware of his father having a sickness, and of course so was the dad. His father had enough money left to pay of his sons years of school until he reached the 8th grade, and of course the kid still has a ways to go.

While out on a walk, his father hunched over and began to heave and cough, eventually coughing out bit of blood. His son called the ambulance and they rushed him to the hospital. The young boy never got to meet his mother and he never found out why. His father's illness was only getting worse, but he didn't know that this time was different. The fathers son walked into the room to talk to his father, until his father said something's he would never forget. "Damien, I love you so so much, but I think my time is up. Take care and see you when your time has come." And shortly after, his father passed away.

Damien was so upset that he ran. Ran to who knows where, but ran and ran. He ran into a forest, until he stumbled upon a glorious and luscious tree. Damien looked at the tree then simply sat down at its trunk and began to sob. Damien had no idea he was being watched, yet someone with no eyes, mouth, or nose, was watching him.

Time comes and goes and Damien has cried himself to sleep. The tree he had slept next to felt sympathy for the boy, but was also stunned. No one had found this tree in century's, yet the one to find the tree was a crying and heartbroken 11 year old. This was surprising for the tree, but it just let him lay there.

Morning came around and so did Damien. He slowly opened his eyes to see sun light peering though the leaves of the forest. He looked up higher and saw a beautiful tree. And with seeing the tree he for some reason, felt... safe... He didn't know why, but he did! He stood up and looked at the trunk of the tree. It had a cross between light and dark colored woods and the leaves were colors of blues and reds. He'd never seen anything like this!