Chapter 26

Starting the Attack

3rd pov
"H-how..." Said Kanao in shock.

"Wanna see how strong I am?" She had added, not leaving any time to answer before she attacked once again

"Urg!" Groaned Kanao, now laying on the ground.

The human was panting, trying to get oxygen into her system since the blow pushed the air out of her lungs.

'My muscles are stiff from the built up fatigue. Calm down, keep your breathing steady, and recover! Recovery breath!' She thought as the demon advanced rapidly with her belt.

At the last moment, Kanao was able to block the attack from Daki and get back on her feet. The two exchanged attacks and blocks before the girl was pushed back.

'The sash is like a tough blade, even though I see many openings, they disappear just as quickly. My attacks are too slow.' Thought Kanao as she steadied herself.

'She's more persistent than I thought. This is fun.'

'I can fight an upper moon demon, using all of my strength, but can I defeat it? YES, I'll win! To protect, to protect lives. I won't let irrationality take hold of me again. Ever. And I won't let anyone go through the sad experiences we did.' Thought Kanao as she herself had been thinking of her new family in the butterfly mansion.

"Fufu. But repulsive things are still repulsive, even when they try hard." Spoke Daki, in a laugh.

~~~ Turning back the clock a bit. The Ogimoto house and Inosuke ~~~

"KYAAAA! MONSTER! MONSTER!" Yelled a lady of the house.

"Just do your work." Replied one as another said, "What? What's wrong?"

"Some boar monster is breaking the ceiling and the floor!" She shouted as she shook the first lady's shoulders.

"GUAHAHAHA!! Found the hole to the demon's nest!! I'm feeling the tingles. There's a demon here!" Had screamed Inosuke before yelling once more. "PREPARE YOURSELF!" As he jumped into the hole that only an infant would be able to go in.

The ladies were in total shock, frozen in place, from seeing a man with a boar head shouting about demons and jumping head first in the hole that only his head could go in.

"So I can only get my head in there, huh. Hahaha! How naive. Nothing can withstand the great Inosuke-sama." He had declared before moving his arm above his head and making cracking noises.

"I am the man who can dislodge every joint in my body. So basically, if I can get my head in there, I can go anywhere." Stated the man, seemingly to himself, to which, the ladies were to the verge of fainting.

"BUAHAHAHA PIG ASSAULT!! NOBODY CAN STOP ME!!" He laughed as he advanced the tunnels.

Inosuke continued as he proceeded to crawl into the tunnel, at a rather weirdly fast pace if you ask me. Once he reached the end of the tunnel, he had hound himself at the bottom of what seemed to be a small cave completely full of one long piece of cloth, a human patterned cloth. Weird, right? Let's hear what he thought in that moment.

'Human patterned cloth? What the hell? This sensation... these are living humans. So the demon's sealing the women it catches inside the sash. Then it can eat them whenever it likes.' He had thought looking around, suddenly finding something rather strange and out of place, Zenitsu fast asleep. "Hm? What's this guy doing here..?"

"What are you doing?" Spoke a voice coming from behind the boar headed teen. "You're going into someone else's storage house. Dirty! So dirty. Dirty. Stinky. Maggot." It added.

'What's up with this worm? EWW!' He thought.

It indeed looked like a worm made of the same cloth as the other covering this "Storage house".

The pink sash attacked Inosuke while he kept dodging and attacking as well.

"YOU KEEP SQUIRMING AND SQUIRMING- YOU'RE JUST A GROSS MAGGOT SASH!!! GUAHAHA! You move so slow! Looks like someone got greedy and captured too many humans! You attack like a fat maggot. You're no match for Inosuke-sama! Get your act together, then come at me again!!" He yelled and screamed at the demon, cutting out bits of it, people coming out.

'Tch. He's actually skillfully avoiding the humans when he cuts. And I went through all the trouble of preserving such fresh food! And he has some sharp senses! Especially his abnormal ability to sense bloodlust.

No matter which direction I attack from, he can sense my strikes and evade them with ease at that! He's able to twist his body to dodged and attack me from all directions! I never expected a demon hunter to come into the food storehouse... What'll we do?' It thought to itself, maybe not the last part though.

"Take him alive. That's the guy who got in the way when I captured Makio. He was beautiful. Use the preserved humans to your advantage. you may kill any of them except for the ten prettiest ones. It may be more difficult to take him alive and not just kill him. But eat some humans there and strengthen your own power." Spoke Daki to the sash that was part of her.

As this was happening, Inosuke was able to make his way to the "head" of the sash and try to decapitate it, like he would to any other demon.

'I can't cut it?! Is it because of the squirming?!' He thought as he pushed the blade.

The cloth moved, evading the sword, towards the teen attempting to kill him. But unfortunately for the sash, Inosuke was able to dodge even that by letting to of his swords, after kicking them so they went back to his hands.

Beast Breathing: Sixth Fang, Palisade Bite. The attack consist of simultaneous slashes with both of his swords from each side in a saw-like movement. But before he was able to execute his attack, he was interrupted by the sash.

"There's no point in cutting me. I'm not the 'real body' after all. But more importantly, you worked so hard to save those girls. you sure it's okay to neglect them?" It said with a grin, making Inosuke look behind him. "I can immediately regain the strength I lost from getting hit by you."

'Crap! So I have to fight this thing while protecting the humans..!!' He thought.

Suddenly two women came out and defended to girls about to get killed by pinning the sash with kunais.

"'Maggot sash', huh? Couldn't have put it better myself!" Spoke one of the two.

"That thing is so gross. You are so right." Said the other with tears in her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey! I'm done with summer break, so I'll be back with mire writing!

Miss 25th night
1112 words