Chapter 19

Death and reunion

3rd pov
"Hey, how about you become a demon?" Asked the demon.

Rengoku glared at the demon before him while Tanjiro looked up to see if this was really who he thought it was. And it was.

'Akaza!' Thought Tanjiro happily.

"No, thank you. I will not become a demon." Replied Rengoku to Akaza's question.

Akaza stopped where he was and starred at Tanjiro who was lying in the ground. Akaza was furious, who dared harm him? But he had to keep up the plan, he saw Nezuko right next to him and relaxed at bit, he was safe in her hands. Akaza had to keep up his act too, he did like he would to any other human, he would trust Nezuko to wake up and stop him. From what? You'll see.

"Well then, how about we fight?" Akaza asked.

He rushed to them and attacked Tanjiro, the boy wasn't surprised since he usually killed the "weak" humans in a fight, but what surprised him was Rengoku protecting him the the flame breath Second form: Ascending Blazing Sky. The hand and forearm of Akaza were cut in that attack, he jumped back and healed his hand while licking his blood.

"Nice blade." Said Akaza.

"I cannot understand why you're targeting a wounded person." Said Kyojuro while thinking about how fast the demon had healed itself.

"I simply thought he would get in the way, of our fight." Replied the demon.

Rengoku was holding his katana in both his hands and was glaring at Akaza.

"It's our first time meeting and I already hate you." Said the Hashira.

Akaza smiled and said something that would anger the pillar.

"Is that so? I really hate weak humans too. When I look at weaklings, I just feel disgusted"

"I see, it looks like you and me really don't have similar moral values regarding this subject. But that boy is not weak. He was able to kill a lower moon by himself. He there wasn't any human to protect, I believe he would've been able to decapitate the demon in under 5 minutes." Said Rengoku calmly, but still angry.

"I see, I asked you before but, it's a wonderful proposal. How about you become a demon too?" Said Akaza, smiling gleefully.

'He's still obsessed about making the strong humans demons... but in that case it would be great. Having someone with the breathing technique closest to the sun would be a great advantage to us.' Thought Tanjiro, looking between Rengoku and Akaza still acting innocent.

"No chance."

"I know your strength just by looking at you. You are a pillar, right?" Said the upper moon. "Your battle spirit is quite polished. You're getting closer to supreme territory." He added.

"I am the flame pillar, Rengoku Kyojuro." He said.

"And I'm Akaza. Kyojuro, I'll tell you why you aren't crossing into supreme territory." Started Akaza. "Because you are human. Because you'll grow old. Because you will die. Become a demon Kyojuro, if you do, you can continue to train for a hundred, even two hundred years. You can become stronger." Added the demon.