Chapter 22: Magical discussions

Начните с самого начала

Nodding once more, stars begin to glimmer in Rem's visible eye as she replies with enthusiasm and admiration.

Rem: "Yes! Rem was very impressed with Chris-kun's Jiwald! Chris-kun has very good control over his gate!"

Christophe: "Thanks Rem. But I had good explanations on how to use it, thanks to Puck."

Continuing, Rem 's eyes seem to take a sadder expression.

Rem: "And... Rem also saw Chris-kun's special ability. Rem was speechless when she saw it. Nee-sama as well."

Christophe: "I think everyone but Puck was speechless, to be honest."

Rem: "But it hurts Rem to see Chris-kun thinks of himself that way! However, Rem hopes the one Chris-kun loves is proud of him."

Realizing that Rem hasn't noticed she is the one loved by him, Christophe's reply remains vague as he smiles.

Christophe: "Yeah. She seems proud of me. But, uhh... How long was I out? And how did you carry me here? And-"

Lifting his head to look at his hand, Christophe realizes that the hand that held his in the previous loop was Rem's hand. A warm feeling gets in Christophe's chest.

Christophe: "How long did I held your hand while I was asleep? Sorry about that, by the way."

Trying to free his hand, he simply can't as Rem isn't letting go.

Rem: "No, it is all right. Rem was the one to hold Chris-kun's hand. Rem was slowly giving him mana little by little. If Rem gave him too much at once, she feared that Chris-kun might have woken up too fast and felt sick."

Christophe: "O-oh. I-I see."

Christophe: "So this is what that warm sensation is. She's giving me her mana... I hope she will be ok. Although..."

Christophe: "How long did you do that?"

Rem: "Since Chris-kun was brought here."

Christophe: "And how long is that?"

Looking towards the window, Rem tries to guess the time of the day.

Rem: "Well, the sun has begun to set."

Shocked, Christophe feels ashamed of himself.

Christophe: "What?! And you stayed here next to me all this time to give me mana?! This must have felt really long to you!"

Shaking her head, Rem replies, smiling.

Rem: "It didn't feel long at all for Rem."

Christophe: "And how did you carry me here? Because I must have been quite heavy to carry all the way here."

Shaking her head again, Rem explains.

Rem: "When Rem saw Chris-kun collapse, Rem immediately headed towards the garden."

With Christophe raising an eyebrow, Rem quickly tries to feign reality while moving her free hand in front of her with a blush on her face.

Rem: "R-Rem didn't run or anything! But when she arrived in the garden she saw Subaru-kun trying to lift Chris-kun and carry him. Rem decided to carry him by herself like this."

Letting go of Christophe's hand, Rem places her arms in front of her, showing how he was carried over to his room. Realizing how, Christophe's face becomes so red that he looks away, nearly covering himself under the bedsheets.

Christophe: "Y-You princess carried me here?!"

Rem: "Mhm!"

With a smile Rem replied to Christophe's question without finding anything wrong about how she carried him here. Re-grasping Christophe's hand and giving him mana again, the feeling of Rem casually taking his hand calms Christophe and makes him feel satisfied. However, one thing is bothering him.