Conrad looked over from his position on the couch, his smoothie in hand. "It's not."

"Conrad, could you please be a little more supportive?" Susannah sent a small glare towards her son before she smiled again. "Now, which one of you are gonna be Bellys escort, and which one of you will be Lunas?"

Conrad shook his head. "Not me. I went last year."

Jeremiah turned away from the oven, "Yeah, and I swore off balls." When Steven laughed at what he said, he was quick to add more. "Dances dude."

"Woah guys, stop fighting over me." Belly said sarcastically as she played with her cereal. "We I'm not doing with any of you. I am going to find my own date." Belly paused her speech before she turned her attention towards Luna. "And what about you, Lolli?"

"I don't know, maybe Izzy."

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— The dress shop that Susannah had dragged Luna, Laurel, and Belly too was way to fancy. The insides looked like it belonged in the show say yes to the dress or whatever it was, Lunas never really watched shows like that.

Belly stepped out first, in a white puffy dress. Tulle and a pretty v neck with skinny straps. It was extravagant, and over the top for Belly.

Luna stepped out when Belly stepped back in, unfortunately not seeing what Belly had tried on and not getting the chance to say "woah, you look nice." Lunas dress was just as puffy as Bellys first dress was, maybe even more puffy. It had an over the shoulder kind of look, not like the v neck Belly's had been.

It was a cycle now. Belly would end up coming out in fluffy white dresses and when she went back into change, Luna would come out in her fluffy dresses. To both girls it felt like an eternity.

Belly was standing in a dress that made her look like a princess. It had a hanging straps that laid on the side of her shoulders. White fake flowers were scattered along the fabric.

Luna stepped out of her dressing room, herself in a similar gown to Bellys. It had many more flowers, and a lace cape that was attached to the hanging straps off her shoulders. The lace cape flowed, and Luna liked to think she looked like a superhero on their wedding day.

It was just when Belly was stepping down of the podium that Luna and her caught each others eyes. Soft hazel eyes that belonged to Belly wondered and roamed the pretty blond that stood in front of her. Sparkling brown eyes that belonged to Luna wondered from Bellys eyes, roaming the pretty dark haired girl in front of herself.

"You look great." Belly was the first to speak, gesturing with her hand to the dress Luna was wearing.

Luna smiled in thanks. "You look wonderful, too."

*ੈ ‧₊˚ ————— Only an hour or two later, Belly and Luna were being dropped off at the country club for their first day as debutantes.

"Thanks, mom." Belly said as she got out of the car.

"Yes, thank you." Luna added on as she got out of the car, grabbing her yellow purse from the floor.

"Sure. Belly, Luna?" Laurel started, head hanging out the window as she looked towards her daughter and her best friends daughter. "I just want you two to know that if you decide you hate it, or if the girls are mean or even if the food is bad, you can text me. I promise I won't say 'i told you so.'"

Belly smiled nervously. "I'll be fine. We'll be fine."

Luna nodded enthusiastically. "That's right, Luar. I'll be here — Belly can't hate it too much if I'm by her side."

Laurel laughed slightly, "Humor me? Belly, use our code phrase, and I'll be right there. And Luna, just text me and I'll be right there too."

"Mom." Belly groaned. Slightly embarrassed by her mother.

"You remember it from when you were little, right?" Bellys mother ignore the protest-groan that came from her daughter. "Lemon Jelly Belly."

Belly nodded along, "Lemon Jelly Belly."

When Luna and Belly started to walk away side by side, Laurel smiled and leaned out the window once more. "Have fun!"

Belly wasn't sure where to go. Luna on the other hand had some idea, that's why she was holding onto Bellys hand and pulling her along with her towards the entrance. "Let's go, Bells."

Belly followed behind, her gloved hand holding onto Lunas gloveless hand. "I'm following, Lolli. Gee."

When Luna and Belly stepped into the room where all the other girls were, the chatter and noise stopped completely, welcoming the two girls with silence and stares.

"Luna." The woman helping out, running the event, making sure all the girls were settled and such, spoke as she walked over towards the Fisher and Conklin daughters.

"Paige." Luna spoke back, playful laced through her word.

"I didn't think you'd actually show, let alone be dressed up like that for this." Paige pointed out, her hand outreached for Luna to shake. Paige has always had a soft spot for Luna, ever since the blond had snuck in to steal some mini sandwiches.

"It's always a pleasure to see you, Ma'am." Luna smiled, her hand that hadn't shook Paige's still tucked into Bellys.

"Mmhmm."

"This is Isabel Conklin, the woman my mom told you about, Jeremiah's future wife." Luna received a small slap to her shoulder from Belly.

"She's late." Paige paused. "You are both late."

"I-I-I'm so sorry." Belly forced the words out, stumbling under Paiges look.

"You both are at table two."

"Thank you." Luna grinned as she dragged Belly along with her towards table number two. Once they neared, Luna pulled out Bellys chair. "You chair, my lady."

Belly giggled. "Thank you."

It was their first day as debutants, and every time Belly got nervous, she's shift closer to Luna and find the blonds hand. They'd hold hands underneath the table, smiles on their faces, and twinkles in their eyes.

authors note ————— *ੈ ‧₊˚
y'all — belly and luna have my heart. anyways, kinda short but it's here. a little extra; belly went on her date with cam cameron and luna was in the passenger seat of the car conrad, jeremiah and steven were in. she smiled and waved, not trying to embarrass belly as she ate her ice cream in peace.