Anywhere, Anytime

Start from the beginning

The Lloegyrian queen, pleased with the reports she was receiving from Cy, had decided that she was going to pay Gascony a visit herself. Partially to help re-establish relations between their kingdoms, but mostly as a show of approval to the Gascony people.

While Lloegyr had never lent troops to the war, there was no denying that, by the end, they had firmly taken Vasconia's side. That was mostly Gascony's fault. The queen had tried to remain neutral, initially, until the former general had used her country, without her knowledge, to transport weapons and soldiers around the barrier mountains to reach border towns between Vasconia and Lloegyr. She had not minded providing supplies or food to both sides, but she had absolutely refused to help in the war efforts - directly or indirectly. That move had decided her loyalty and, for the remainder of the war, she had helped only Vasconia.

For her to come here was a sign that all was forgiven, that she approved of the new regime, and that she was willing to move forward with the relationship between all three kingdoms. Manon was eager to host her.

And for that, everything had to be perfect. She wouldn't be here for a few more weeks, but Manon had to start preparing now. After all, if this went well, then it might mean that a meeting between Gascony and Vasconia could go well.

Her brother had replied to her previous letter to him. He was fine with rebuilding Petrus Landebert and meeting her there. Rebuilding the bonds between their people. Since Petrus Landebert was a Vasconian city, technically, he was the one financing and planning that move. She only had to wait for his invitation to join him. But still, hearing that it was going forward made her happy.

For now, however, she checked her schedule to what else she had to finish today. A bit confused because she thought opening the upper market was the last thing on her list. But it appeared that someone had added something to the bottom, and she was pretty sure it was Jacques' handwriting.

After the market opening and staying to enjoy some shopping and celebrations - because it would be rude and might send a bad message to just be there for a second then leave - Jacques had added 'meeting to discuss royal policy - VERY IMPORTANT'.

"Hey, Jacques?" She called up to him.

He hummed a reply but didn't look up from what he was writing - she was pretty sure he was making new laws regarding treatment of prisoners of war. They had all been released after the war was finished, so making those laws hadn't been an immediate priority, but it was something he had wanted to address since he ascended the throne.

Neither of them planned on a new war breaking out, but they wanted to plan for any eventuality that might occur after they passed on their crowns.

"What's this meeting you added at the end of my schedule?"

"Oh, yes, that's very important," he said, pointing his quill at her with a serious face. "We can't go to bed tonight until we've had that meeting."

"Sure, but you know we're going to be at the upper market until late?"

"Yes, but I really need to discuss some things with you. It's important for the future of your role as queen. We might leave just an hour or an hour and a half early from the market."

Manon frowned but nodded. She didn't know what he was talking about though. The laws regarding the queen's rights, privileges, and responsibilities had been one of the first things that they changed. They needed to so that she could actually get work done.

But it sounded important, so she would just have to accept that they were going to have to rush out of the market, and probably stay up late as well.

She missed getting a full night's sleep, but she was kind of used to it by now.