chapter seven: The Massacre at Hawkins Lab

Start from the beginning

"That was close," Robin said.

"Too close," I nodded.

"Yeah," Eddie agreed. Steve walked a little bit forward before his movements staggered and he was leaning against the rock. I rushed over to him.

"Oh, sh... shit," He let out a shaky breath.

"Steve," I held onto him.

"I'm fine. I'm fine," He tried to convince me but I saw through his façade. 

I shook my head, "No you most certainly are not okay. You're losing, like, tons of blood. Sit, now." He sat down against the rock, grunting in pain as he did so. I was beginning to take my flannel off, to tie around Steve's waist when Nancy stopped me. She began to rip a part of her pants which did not make sense to me at all since I had an entire flannel, but I left it alone.

Robin crouched down next to Steve, "Okay. So the good news is I'm pretty sure the wooziness is not a symptom of rabies. But, um, if you start having hallucinations or muscle spasms or you start feeling aggressive, like you wanna punch me, let me know."

"Robin?" He grunted.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"I kinda wanna punch you," I punched his shoulder.

"Steve! She's trying to help," I turned.

Robin turned to me, "Well, he's still got his sense of humor so, that's good?" I nodded. Nancy finished ripping the material off of her pants and she handed it to me.

"Thanks," I nodded to her as I began to bandage Steve. "You ready?"

"Yeah," He nodded. "Just do it." As I wrapped the cloth around his waist and tied it, I noticed my face was close to his body.

"Sorry," I apologized, my heavy breathing from the running and hiding was probably bothering him.

"You're fine," He smiled down at me. I tied the cloth tight.

"Is it too tight?" I asked him when he grunted, again, "I can loosen it if you want?"

"No, that's good," He sat back against the wall, and as I was finishing up properly bandaging and tucking it, he stared right into my eyes. I looked down, my face feeling hot and, even if it wasn't visible, I knew I was burning up. I looked back up as I finished to see his eyes fixed on my every move. "Thanks."

"It's no problem," I smiled. We both turned when Eddie's speaking grabbed our attention.

"So, uh, this place is like Hawkins but with monsters and nasty shit?" He asked.

"Yup, that's exactly what it is," I told him, helping Steve stand.

As Eddie climbed down from where he was, Nancy spoke, "Wait, watch out for the vines. It's all a hive mind."

"It's all a what?" He asked again.

"A hive mind. Everything's connected, meaning it could be connected all the way to Vecna," I moved so Steve's arm was tighter around me as I helped him. 

"Exactly, you step on a vine, you're stepping on a bat, you're stepping on Vecna," Steve explained.

Eddie nodded, "Shit," He watched his step as he climbed down.

"But everything from our world is still here, right? Except people?" Robin asked.

"As far as I understand it, yeah," Nancy answered.

"So, theoretically, we could go to the police station and steal guns and grenades and whatever we need to blow up those bat things that are guarding the gate," Robin suggested.