10

"you're grounded," karen whispered after locking the front door when she and mike arrived home.

"what?" mike stopped walking to look at his mom who was still standing in front of the front door, facing him.

"you're grounded!" karen yelled, shaking her hands for emphasis which caused her to drop her keys. "you're grounded for the rest of your life. go- go to your room. we'll talk later. i cannot deal with you right now." karen was waiting for mike to move.

mike scoffed and let his backpack slip to the ground. "i didn't even-"

"go to your room."

"whatever, fine." mike grabbed his backpack and quickly made his way up the stairs.

karen shook her head and bent down to grab her keys.

-

mrs. walsh pulled into her driveway and held troy's hands once she parked the car. "are you going to be alright?"

troy tried to pull his hands away, "mom."

"troy, i'm so sorry about today. i tried my best but-"

"it's that stupid fairy's fault and he's just jealous because i have way more friends than him and my life is so much better than his!"

she tried to calm down her son. "troy, deep breaths. in and out."

troy aggressively pulled his hands away and quickly got out of the car.

-

the alteration in the office took longer than all the parties expected. after the ones who got suspended left, it was almost time for third period.

will went to his locker to grab some things and then waited outside of his english class. after a minute, the bell rang which indicated that second period was over. students all over the school rushed out of their classrooms. student after student piled out of mr. darlington's classroom. will was the first student to walk in for third period.

"good morning, will- oh, my goodness." mr. darlington gasped after looking up from his papers.

"um, morning." will shuffled awkwardly.

"well, it seems like you've had a rough morning," mr. darlington nervously chuckled.

will gave a weak smile and walked to his seat.

-

"i'm seriously never letting you out of my sight," lucas had his arm around will's shoulders. max was walking on the other side of will. the three of them were heading to will's locker.

"they got suspended for seven days so..." will unlocked his locker.

"what about when they come back?" max asked.

"yeah, we'll need to protect you."

will rolled his eyes but smiled at his friends' protectiveness.

"oh shit, is that the kid you saved?" robin whispered to steve as she motioned towards will.

steve looked at will then back at robin, "yeah."

"oh wow, steve's a hero now," robin smirked. she then walked over to will and his friends. "you alright? i mean, like, after you got fucked up." steve facepalmed and rushed over to where robin was standing.

will didn't know what to say so he just went back to putting stuff into his locker.

"i'm sorry but who are you?" max crossed her arms while staring at robin.

"oh sorry, lemme introduce myself. i'm robin and this is steve harrington, the dude who brought your friend to the nurse-- the literal king of hawkins high."