Chapter 1

Being the newest, and youngest, Sorcerer Supreme was something Billy was still trying to get used to. He was only 25 after all, so he still felt like a child compared to the more experienced sorcerers, like Stephen Strange, who was the previous Sorcerer Supreme. Now that Billy is the Sorcerer Supreme, it was his job to protect earth and the sanctums from the forces of evil. This definitely had a lot more pressure on him than being an Avenger did.

"I just don't want to screw it all up." Billy tells Teddy.

"Babe, I know this Sorcerer Supreme stuff has got you feeling a lot of feelings, but now's not really the best time to have this conversation." Teddy replied.

Truthfully, it wasn't a great time, because Billy, with the help of Teddy and Tommy, was in the middle of fighting a handful of monsters some dark sorcerer brought from monster island.

"Yeah, little bro, focus on the task at hand." Tommy agreed with Teddy.

"Little bro? Dude, you're like, twelve minutes older than me. That doesn't count." Billy argued.

"Yes it does." Tommy argued back.

"Hey! Stop with the sibling squabbling, you two!" Teddy shouted, holding a squirming monster in a headlock.

He snaps the monster's neck then throws its body into another monster, knocking it back. Teddy and Tommy were fighting off the monsters while Billy dealt with the sorcerer that brought them there.

"So this is the new Sorcerer Supreme?" the dark sorcerer scoffed.

"I wouldn't underestimate me if I were you." Billy said blocking the sorcerer's spell.

They throw spells at each other back and forth, knocking each other into the sides of buildings and into cars. Billy has no doubt that his body will be littered with bruises tomorrow. The dark sorcerer conjures a glass-like blade and slashes a gash diagonally across Billy's chest, a gash on the right side of his collarbone, and a gash at his side. None of the gashes were too deep, but they bled quite a bit and stung like h*ll. The younger sorcerer quickly gathers his wits and casts a spell that tightly binds the dark sorcerer in a magical rope, effectively trapping him. Then he stumbles out of the alleyway and unleashes a burst of magic, freezing the monsters in place.

"Time for you all to go home." Billy huffed as he opened a portal to monster island and sucked all the monsters into it.

With a twirl of his finger, the portal changes into a portal to Kamar-Taj, tossing the dark sorcerer into it with the flick of his wrist. Next, he begins to fix the property damage the fight had caused. But as he was doing so, the gashes he had start to burn and he starts feeling dizzy. And before the reconstruction spell could be completed, Billy faints.

"Billy!" Tommy and Teddy gasp as Billy collapses to the ground.

There was a shadowy figure, shrouded in a glowing red aura and a red mist. The figure gives off a feeling of dread...a dark, dangerous dread. They tear through a different, but similar, Kamar-Taj, killing nearly everyone in it, the screams of their victims echoing like they're coming from a deep dark abyss. The figure was too strong to be contained in the mirror dimension, using it to their advantage. Things change and suddenly the figure is stalking their way through a facility, killing and tearing apart anything and anyone who got in their way.

The figure kills Blackbolt by taking away his mouth, causing him to scream in panic which causes his powerful voice to be used against him, exploding his brain and caving in his skull.

The figure kills Mr. Fantastic by ripping him into literal shreads.

The figure kills a super soldier with a union jack on her uniform and shield by slicing her in half with her own shield.

The figure kills a Captain Marvel that looks like Carol's old friend by crushing her with the rubble of a stone statue.

The figure kills Professor X by entering his mind and snapping his neck, causing it to snap in reality.

The figure wants something, they're hunting something...and they won't stop destroying, won't stop killing until they do. Then all that can be seen of the figure is a glowing red crown and a pair of piercing glowing red eyes. Lastly, the figure lets out a loud, rage-filled, yet brokenhearted, scream.

When Billy gasps awake from the nightmare, he slowly takes in his surroundings. He was laying on a couch in the New York Sanctum, shirtless with bandages wrapped around his wounds. There was a soft, thin blanket draped over his body and a cool rag laying across his forehead.

"Welcome back to the land of the living, kid." a familiar voice said.

Billy turns his head towards the voice and sees his friend and mentor, Steven Strange.

"W-what...happened?" Billy asked, surprised by how rough and weak his voice was.

"That magic blade you were attacked with was poisoned." Stephen replied, pulling up a chair and sitting at Billy's side.

He lifts the cool rag off of Billy's forehead and checks his temperature.

"Your fever broke. Good, now maybe your brother and fiancé will stop freaking out so much. Their fretting and fussing was getting so annoying that I had to send them on an "errand" to gather "ingredients" for a "cure"." Stephen said conjuring a cup of thick liquid into his hand.

"How'd you know Teddy and I are engaged? We haven't told that many people yet." Billy grunted, struggling to sit up.

"I took an educated guess when I saw that ring on your finger." Stephen stated, helping Billy sit up, magically summoning a few more pillows behind the young man's back to lean against.

"Drink this, it'll help kill the poison. Don't ask what's in it." he told Billy, handing him the cup he had.

Looking at the thick, oddly colored liquid, Billy was hesitant to drink it. But he felt terrible and he trusted Stephen, so he drank the medicine. It tasted horrendous and had an awful muddy texture.

"I know it's terrible, but you have to drink every last bit of it or it won't work. And try not to puke on the rug, it's 500 years old." Stephen grimaced when he saw Billy's face scrunch up in disgust and turn a little green.

When Billy chokes down the last of the fowl medicine, he willed himself not to vomit it back up and sighed in relief when he didn't.

"Now, with that out of the way, you should be good as new after some rest. When Teddy and Tommy get back, they can take you home...in the meantime, you can tell me what it was you were having that nightmare about." Stephen said, handing Billy a shirt and helping him to lie back.

The images that ran through his mind before waking up had almost been forgotten until Stephen brought it up. Was it just a nightmare? Or was it a series of visions of what's to come in a universe that's not his own. Or was it simply a fever induced hallucination? Billy didn't know which was true but what he did know was that the figure in the visions held unimaginable power and deeply unsettled him.