16- The War Zone

Mulai dari awal

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie asks.

"What, you got some sort of car we don't know about?" Steve asks confused.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine." Eddie says plainly while getting up.

"No, no, no, no, I am not letting you steal someone's-" I stop when I realize I don't exactly know what he's trying to steal. "Someone's something, okay? You're already on the run for "murder" and we really don't need you getting into more trouble than the trouble you're already in." I say taking a breath.

"I know. That's why.....no one will see me." I look at my boyfriend completely confused. "Hey, uh, red, you got a ski mask or bandanna, something like that?" Eddie asks looking towards Max.

"Yeah, I got something." Max replies with a shrug.
——————————————————————————
Max had given Eddie a Michael Myers mask, which I have to admit is a bit creepy. I remembered when Max wore it. It seems like forever ago now.  Eddie looked around the corner and made sure it was safe for us to move. He motioned us to follow him and we all followed. We hurried to this RV, I had no clue who's it was and I honestly didn't care. Eddie opened the back window to the RV and jumped in. The people who owned the RV were on the other side...they didn't notice us. We all jumped in after him.

"That was suffocating." Eddie says while taking off the mask.

"Let's go! Come on!" Steve quietly yelled to us as we jumped in.

Eddie had locked the doors to make sure the owners of the RV wouldn't try and stop us. I have to admit...I feel a little bad. Eddie hopped in the drivers seat and grabbed some wires and nose pliers. He tried to feel around for the correct wires and was going to hold the nose pliers in his mouth, I stopped him.

"No, give me those. I'm not letting you hold those dirty things in your mouth. Ever heard of a thing called, diseases?" I say holding the pliers for him, he just smiled at me and continued.

"How'd you learn how to do this?" Steve asks coming up behind us.

"Well, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot-wire. Now, I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder, and soon grand theft auto. So, uh, really living up to that Munson name." Eddie says while finishing. I place a hand on his shoulder for comfort.

"No, you're not. You didn't really kill anyone. And, technically this isn't- well, yeah- I can't really say this isn't bad. But, it's for a good cause." I say trying to cheer him up.

"Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving." Robin says worriedly.

"Oh, I'm just starting this sucker. Harrington's got her. Don't ya, big boy?" Eddie says teasingly with a smile and I hold my hand over my mouth trying not to laugh.

"Holy shit!" I say once I see a spark come from the wires and the engine starts.

"Hey! Open up!" I could hear the lady from outside banging on the door and yelling.

"Everybody hang on to something!" Steve shouts as Eddie and I run to the back and Steve starts to drive.
We take off and the owners shade roof came right off.

"Go! Go! Go!"

"Hurry up!"

"They look pissed!"

"I mean, it's not everyday you loose your car and house in one fell swoop." Robin says frantically.

"Hold on!" Steve shouts to us.

I almost fall but Eddie catches me before I do. "Thanks." I say with a smile.