1

This is it. This is my time to show everybody what I'm capable of.

With the entrance exam, I couldn't show them, but thankfully I had a backup for that, and I ended up in General Studies with my best friend, Shinso Hitoshi. And now, we're competing in the Sports Festival.

We were all the first-year students waiting to start this obstacle race, and I had let myself be at the back. Three lights on top of the gate went off and everyone started running inside the tunnel.

I walked in but stepped back as soon as I felt the sudden cold. Slowly, I went inside the tunnel, holding onto some people's shoulders so I wouldn't fall because of the ice. It was a bit difficult, but I managed -thank god- I knew how to ice skate and, thanks to my parents' work, I had my costume's boots on, so it wasn't as hard moving on the ice.

But the moment I saw those damn robots from the entrance exam, I thought of what to do.

Ahead of me I saw the bi-color-haired boy from 1-A, he froze the 0-pointers and was about to run in between their legs, but I stopped him.

My pupils changed to white, the sclera (white part of the eyes) turning black. I saw how he looked down at his legs and how he gritted his teeth.

Holding in a chuckle, I ran past him, under the robot, and took the lead.

"Whaa! (L/n) had surpassed Todoroki and he's now first place!" I heard Present Mic yelling, and I could kinda hear the cheering of the audience.

I scoffed and kept running.

Far ahead I could see the next obstacle, I gulped, thinking for a bit. I nibbled on my bottom lip and prepared my quirk.

Lowering into a squat position, I breathed in and jumped. I landed at half the obstacle, and I looked over my shoulder for a second. The rest were starting to catch up, I couldn't let myself fall behind.

I have to make it to the Hero Course!

I jumped again, and thankfully, landed on the other side. I started running again, and I saw the next obstacle. I stopped before stepping in and I glanced to my right.

'Danger Mines' the banner read. I took a deep breath in and looked at the ground, I could kinda see where the mines were placed, so if I was careful I could keep my lead.

Carefully, I walked between the mines and kept my eyes glued to the ground, staring and looking for them. I could hear explosions and when I looked back, I saw that spiky-haired blond, the so-called Bakugou, beside him was Endeavor's son, Todoroki.

I shook my head when I found myself distracted, and I focused ahead of me again.

And that was when the biggest explosion went off.

Glancing back, I saw the pink smoke was bright and then... someone was flying on a piece of metal.

"There was a big explosion at the back?! What's with that force?! It was an accident, or on purpose? Midoriya from Class A joins the persecution with an explosion!" I couldn't let myself stop now, so I ran, barely missing the mines. But then again, an explosion went off, not as loud as the previous one though.

At that moment, a second after it, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of green flying past me and taking the lead.

My teeth gritted and I ran as fast as I could. I would've used my quirk if it wasn't because my mind was a jumble of random thoughts and I couldn't focus on it.

We reached the tunnel once more, and we were back on the field. I was so close to getting first place...

But I ended up in second, not bad, but definitely... not what I wanted.

All of the students got out of the tunnel and while we walked up to Midnight, Hitoshi came up to me.

"That was amazing, (M/n), I knew you would end in the top three, at least." I smiled and hugged his waist, pulling him close and resting my head on top of his.

"If you're with me there's nothing I can't do, Shi-chan." I saw his cheeks getting red and I chuckled, pinching his face. "You look cute~" he groaned and looked away.

When everyone was gathered in front of the stage, Midnight explained to us the next game... a Calvary Battle.

"We're teaming up, right?" I turned to Hitoshi and he nodded with a smirk.

"Just wait here," I saw him walking away and talking to two boys, only to come back with them trailing behind him. Just by seeing the empty look in their eyes, I knew he had used his quirk and that made me chuckle a bit.

The fifteen minutes to make the teams were up and Hitoshi was already in his place as the rider.

We kept our distance from the first place, and we aimed to get some lower points, slowly making our way to the top.

I was walking a bit slow, looking around for any potential threat. "(M/n)!" I looked to my left and saw a blonde girl with horns, running toward us, I used my quirk and stopped her arms for a second. She stumbled a bit, and while she was gaining her balance back, Hitoshi took the rider's headband.

The time was almost up and we went up to a team, Hitoshi talked to the rider while I stopped the rest of the team legs, and we took their headbands.

"Time's up!" Present Mic yelled, and I helped Hitoshi jump off. "First place, Team Todoroki! Second place, Team Bakugou! Third place, Team Tetsu-Eh?! Team Hitoshi?! When did they get so high up?!" Hitoshi looked at the two boys.

"Thanks for your hard work," he hugged my waist and we walked off.

I tuned out the rest of what Present Mic was saying and talked a bit more with Hitoshi.

////////

Lunchtime was over, and it was the moment to go back to the stadium.

Midnight was saying the results from the lots for the one-on-one battle.

Midoriya vs Hitoshi... the curly green-haired one with those cute freckles.

That was the guy who flew past me at the obstacle race.

Now I was looking for my name...

Kaminari vs (L/n). The guy with the electricity quirk. I saw him electrify some teams before Todoroki froze them.

This might be an easy battle.

Hitoshi was going first... good luck, Shi-chan.

++++
Welcome back to this book! I hope we can get back to how everything was :')