four

good morning/afternoon to all of you! i hope you're having fun this saturday. i'm currently behind on everything for school and work so i am ✨stressed✨

also not totally proofread. i didn't have time once again🫠

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: case talk, knife usage, heavy bickering
word count: 3484

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Y/n groaned as she turned over. She grabbed her phone and hit the green button. "Hello?"

"Good morning, Agent Y/l/n. We have a case. I'll be expecting you at airstrip in twenty minutes," Emily said and looked down at the file in front of her. Y/n glanced over at the clock and saw it was barely four o'clock in the morning. "It's in New York. I hope you've packed already."

"I haven't—"

"Then get to it. You have twenty minutes," Emily said and hung up the phone without another word. Y/n groaned and tossed the comforter off of her.

After running back and forth for about four minutes, throwing anything into a to-go bag, Y/n was out the door in record time. Luckily her apartment was close enough to the airstrip that it only took her ten minutes to get there. When she arrived, she saw the team all heading into the jet.

"Glad you made it," JJ said over her shoulder. "We'll need your brain for this one."

"New York City. Three girls of different races and ethnical backgrounds all taken and killed with no clear motive. The only consistency is that they've all been from the ages twenty to twenty six. NYPD called us right away to come help," Tara said as she shuffled Y/n to get up the steep stairs. The entire team made their way into the jet before taking off.

Y/n couldn't shake the feeling that she was unwanted throughout the entire jet ride. She only had one person to blame for that. It only got worse once they split off into the different assignments. Y/n was instructed to stay with Emily at all times. It was like the Unit Chief wasn't making any effort to show Y/n the ways of this job.

Y/n was instructed to help Penelope over the phone by searching through various camera footage. The younger woman couldn't help but feel eyes on her. Emily was watching her like a hawk. However, every time that Y/n would look up, Emily would look away to avoid getting caught.

After three days of harsh stares, coffee runs, and countless dead ends, the team finally had a lead. John Davis, thirty-two year old male, was the unsub that they were looking for. His preferred method of canvasing for victims was in a popular bar in the area.

"What's the plan?" Luke asked and slipped on his vest. "We need to be able to get close to Davis. We need something to dangle in front of him without raising too much suspicion."

"JJ, get ready to go in," Emily said and placed her ear piece in. The blonde woman furrowed her eyebrows.

"Emily, I don't think sending me in will do the trick," JJ said and glanced around at the team. Emily looked over at her with raised eyebrows. "The unsub is looking for women around twenty years old. There's no guarantee that he'll branch off from that age range."

"We don't have another qualified agent," Emily said and sighed softly.

"We do," Tara said and tilted her head towards Y/n. The young woman was sat quietly at the other end of the table. Emily clenched her jaw as she shook her head slightly. "Come on, Emily."

"She's not trained enough. We can't send her in there with zero experience," Emily said and crossed her arms. Y/n bit back the sarcastic comment back as she kept her eyes down on the laptop in front of her.