Chapter Two

Your hair is dyed, and your identity is changed, you're not you anymore.

You mumble as you roll your eyes, "I guess I'm Lari Owen now."

You gaze at your new ID and curse under your breath, "This is fucking stupid." You grumble.

You walk out of the bathroom, after changing into an oversized red t-shirt and spandex, so you can go to bed.  You hear a creak, by the window, you quickly turn to it, trying to see what it was, but you see nothing there. Just a creak from the shitty, old, apartment building. You shrug it off, but still slightly suspicious, you grab a gun from the holster you strapped to the bottom side of the top of the dresser that's set outside your bedroom, and go to your room, as you close the door you hear the click of a gun getting set off safety.

"Y/n." You hear her say.

You turn to face her, "Natasha." You snicker, "I knew it was something. More accurately someone." You sigh, "You know, I knew you'd find me eventually." You pull the gun from behind your back, "You're not the only one that expected danger." You say as the tips of your guns brush each other.

"I'm not here to give you any trouble," Natasha says.

"Is that why you have a gun, and three knives hidden in your suit?" You snicker.

Natasha looks at you, with genuine worry in her eyes, not the fake shit, real emotion, "I think I found a way to get your emotions back."

You stop, caught off guard, "Excuse me?"

Natasha takes this moment, and reaches for your gun, ripping it from your hands, throwing it away from you, backing you up against a wall.

"This old song and dance, huh?" You say, referring back to the night you and Natasha got blackout drunk and fell for each other.

"Good one," Natasha tells you, "I am trying to help you. I am trying to save you."

"I'm beyond saving." You say, before twisting, grabbing the gun from Natasha, and you kick her in the chest, sending her to the ground, "You forget, I have the same training as you." You tell her, before gently placing the gun on the nightstand, next to your bed.

"Get out of my house." You tell her, "I don't want your help, and I sure as hell don't need your cure, I've made do with this. I don't need you anymore." You say, with a blank expression.

Natasha's eyes tear up, "Don't say that." She says, "Please. You don't need me, I know that, but I need you."

You stop in front of the doorway, "You should've thought of that before using me to get to Chloe." You turn your head, "Oh, and one more thing. Tell Fury to go fuck himself."

"Y/n!" She says as she gets off the ground, "Please, I'm begging you, let me help you."

"If I let you help me, you'll leave me alone? My face won't be plastered all over the News?" You ask.

Natasha sighs, "If that's what you want, I'll talk to Fury."

"That's not good enough, I want a guarantee that I won't be a fugitive." You bargain.

Natasha sighs, as she stables herself on the wall, "Fine. I will make sure Fury takes your name and face off the News."

"Why do you want to help me so badly?" You ask.

"I- I love you. I know you don't care, and you won't, but I don't want to see you get hurt." Natasha says.