002 :: mr california

Mr California
**************
—(season two, episode one)

𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐑

𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐑. Ever since her miraculous return from the dead, everybody felt entitled to an explanation to what had happened, one that she just couldn't give— y'know, because of the government and all that crap. After that, almost all her so-called friends had ditched her.

She hated that she cared about superficial shit like high school popularity. But, It was hard not to when she'd gone from being popular her whole life to having one friend that stuck by her, Charlie Wheeler.

Ever since she moved back to Hawkins after her parents divorce, the two were were friends, and became best friends after his fall-out with Mindy Sullivan. And since he and his siblings were involved in the whole Upside Down situation, he knew what happened and tried his best to understand her.

However, even though his sister Nancy and her boyfriend Steve knew about the strange events, they acted like everyone else did, afraid of loosing their popularity. Scarlet knew about the conversations they would have in the halls with Tommy Hagan and Carol Perkins, her former friends, calling her 'Zombie Girl' and making fun of her.

Speaking of Steve, Scarlet had spent her whole sophomore year pining over the older boy until her disappearance. He saw her as a second choice to Nancy, and ultimately chose the Wheeler girl, and that shattered her heart.

Scarlet was determined to make something of herself this year and get her reputation back, and do whatever it took to do that.

"When are you gonna learn to drive?" Asked Charlie, parking his car outside Hawkins High School.

"In case you've forgotten, I tried, and failed." She reminded him.

"Did Jonathan take Will to school today?" He asked, since the younger boy usually joined the pair.

She informed him. "He's got to go to the lab today."

"Oh, shit, yeah." He remembered.

"How's your college application going?" She asked, the two moving to sit on the bonnet of the car.

"It's pretty good, I really think I could make it into Harvard." He said, putting a cigarette between his lips and passing his best friend one.

Charlie was possibly the smartest student at Hawkins High. He was in all AP classes, heavily focused on his studies even though he got into trouble a lot and even one of the star basketball players.

"I'm gonna miss you when you graduate, y'know." She took a drag of her cigarette, disappointed her only friend would be graduating and leaving town.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Scar." He said truthfully, giving the girl a small side hug.