001 :: hawkins lab

Hawkins Lab
**************
(before season two, episode one)

  𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 1983, Scarlet would go once every 3 weeks to Hawkins Lab for some routine medical tests and so they could help her control her new-found powers

The year before, she had gone through the most traumatizing events of her life, being stuck in The Upside Down for two weeks. The first day she was there, something attacked her, but she couldn't remember what— it was like her brain had just blocked it out. She thought it could've been the tall, grey creatures with skeletal figures that had been named 'demogorgans'. Their faces opened up like flowers and they were the most terrifying things she'd ever seen. But it couldn't have been them, people who worked at the lab and explored the strange other world had been bitten before and nothing happened like what happened to her.

After that, she developed powers. She was able to move things with her hands and fingers and even was able to fly sometimes. But, since she couldn't control them, they were dangerous and would often land her in face-offs with monsters in The Upside Down because they made her draw attention to herself.

The second week she was there, she found a scared middle-school boy called Will Byers hiding in a fort in his backyard when she was looking for supplies, and she tried to get her magic under control and used it to protect him. Ever since then, they had a close bond, since they went through a week of hell together. She felt horrible for the boy because he began having 'episodes' almost every day and kept experiencing that traumatic events of the strange world over and over again.

The most chilling thing she saw in The Upside Down had to be Barbara Holland's cold, dead body in Steve Harrington's swimming pool. She had no clue how she got there, and didn't know it was possible for other people to come into this world. Barb was a nice girl, but she was often made fun of for being 'nerdy' and Scarlet would often find herself sticking up for the girl, since Barb's best friend Nancy Wheeler didn't want to risk her new-found popularity by defending her.

"So, Scarlet, how are you?" Asked Dr Owens, making his way towards the hospital bed. She had already done the standard medical tests like checking her weight and her brainwaves and now it was time to test her powers.

"I'm good." She replied. 'Well, good as someone who's being tested on like a lab rat can be' she thought.

"Good, what about you, Dad?" He asked, addressing her father.

"I'm doing fine." He answered.

"Fantastic!" Said Dr Owens cheerfully. "Now, we might have some ideas on what the full extent of your powers could be, if you learn to control them correctly."