Part 18

"He's gone! Andy, he's dead."

   As Eleven kept screaming and crying from the pain in her leg, Erica spoke up, saying, "What is that?" Everyone looked towards Eleven's leg and noticed something moving inside. "There's something in there." Mike breathed out. "Keep her talking. Keep her awake, okay?" Molly said before she ran off towards the Chinese restaurant. She grabbed a wooden spoon, knife and a pair of gloves. Molly turned on the burner and heated the knife up.

Molly quickly ran back towards the group with the hot knife in hand. "Okay. All right, El? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay? Need you to stay really still." Molly said as she handed Jonathan the pair of gloves to put on. "Here, you're gonna want to bite down on this, okay?" She said as she put the spoon in El's mouth, to quiet the screaming.

She took the knife and cut into Eleven's leg, making the girl scream in pain. "Alright, your turn Jon." Molly said, patting the boys back. As he dug into El's leg, trying to remove the problem, El suddenly stopped him. "Stop. Stop it! Stop!" El screamed, making Molly grab Jonathan's arm. "Stop." She whispered, making Jonathan look up at El. "I can do it. I can do it." El cried out while sitting up. She used her powers and eventually the thing inside her leg came flying out, and the glass of the shop behind them broke.

When they looked up to see where it had gone, Jim Hopper had stepped on it. Hopper, Joyce, and a man Molly had never seen before, stood in front of the kids.

"The Mind Flayer, it built this monster in Hawkins. To stop El, to kill her and pave a way into our world." Mike said, as the kids explained to the adults what had been going on. "And it almost did. That was just one tiny piece of it." Nancy added. "How big is this thing?" Hopper asked the group. "It's big. Thirty feet, at least." Molly spoke up. "Yeah. It sorta destroyed your cabin. Sorry." Lucas said, making things awkward. "Okay, so, just to be clear, this...this big fleshy spider thing that hurt El, it's some kind of gigantic...weapon?" Steve asked, getting the conversation back on track. "Yes." Nancy said. "But instead of, like, screws and metal, the Mind Flayer made its weapon, with melted people." Steve said, trying to understand everything.

"Yes, exactly." Nancy said nonchalantly. "Yeah, okay. I-Yeah. I'm just making sure." Steve said with a shake of his head, causing Molly to grab his shoulder and smile comfortingly at him. She could tell he was nervous, but so was she. "Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?" Joyce asked. "El beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive." Max said with a small scoff.

It was quiet for a moment before Will spoke up. "If we close the gate again-" He started before Molly finished his sentence. "We cut the brain off from the body."

"And kill it. Theoretically." Lucas added. It was quiet once again as everyone let the new information sink in. "Yoo-hoo! Yoo-hoo!" The man, who Molly recently learned name was Murray, yelled as he ran into the room. "Okay, this is what Alexei called "the hub." Now, the hub take us to the vault room." Murray explained to the group. "Okay, where's the gate?" Hopper asked. "Right here. I don't know the scale of this, but I think it's fairly close to the vault room. Maybe 50 feet or so." Murray said, pointing things out on the map.

Erica walked up to the table, saying, "More like 500. What, you're just gonna waltz in there likes it's commie Disneyland or something?" Murray looked at her, confused. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

Erica shook her head. "Erica Sinclair. Who are you?" She asked with attitude. "Murray Bauman." He spoke out. "Listen, Mr. Bunman, I'm not trying to tell you how to do things, but I've been down in that shithole for 24 hours. And with all due respect, you do what this man tells you, you're all gonna die." Erica explained, giving Murray a mean look. "I'm sorry, why is this 4 year old speaking to me?" Murray asked the group.