A Way To His Heart

Start from the beginning

Balam looks awestruck, listening eagerly. "I want to use all five I managed to control over time to cast Cruel Creator with all my mana and summon a controllable being. It isn't very safe due to how much energy is used in itself and the result could be more than I can handle, so I asked for a teacher to come with." You explain yourself, and he nods in acknowledgement. "I see. I will make sure you are safe." He promises, smiling at you from under his mask. You smile back softly, and stretch your muscles in preparation, inhaling slowly and exhaling sharply. You stand with your legs a little apart to have a stable footing and aim your hands in the direction way too the left of the school, mustering courage, until finally you are ready.

"Cruel Creator." You cast in sync, releasing all the energy in your body into the spell. It's not much in the grand scheme of things, but the world takes it as the will of five demons, listening to your call. The ground crackles and shakes a little under your feet, but that's nothing in comparison to what is ahead of you in the distance. The ground breaks as a mass of stone and rubble rises, the shape of it changing as darkening rock floats into place or breaks away. A being that looms over the surrounding are is born, atop a slim lizard torso sits a head with large dog maws going away from eachother, a single shut vertical eye inbetween. Arms branch off of the torso, a total of eight coming off of the body. It's legs are long, but crossed as it sits on the ground instead of standing. Despite this, it is enormous. The single eye opens soon upon competition, an eye of gold looking directly at you as it's presence generates an overwhelming pressure. It would be hard to breathe for anyone who isn't connected to it.

You breathe a sigh of relief when there is no further damage to the landscape than the crater from the used up material that it sits in, obediently waiting for it's master to command it. "Ah, it worked out." You say, smiling. "It's huge... If it cast a spell, it would wipe out the area, a large body can hold large amounts of mana." Balam says, but you shake your head. "No, he can't. He might be large and have potential as a summon, but since I used up all my mana to summon it and gave it none to use, it's not much better than a glorified scarecrow. For it to gather natural mana, he would have to exist for a year." You say, sitting down and looking at your creation. "Still... You're smart of finding a way around mana capacity. Promise me you'll be careful with it." Balam says, and you nod as your creation starts to crumble due to you releasing the spell. "I promise." You say.

You get a soft chuckle in response and feel his gloved hand on your head. You look up in surprise as his fingers glide through your hair, rubbing your scalp gently as he's crouching beside you. "Balam..." You blush, his heartrate spiking due to you not using any honorifics. "[Y/N], if you don't mind, I got you something..." He says suddenly, sitting down completely beside you and rummaging through his bag. He takes out a jar that has a lid with holes, and inside it is a completely light blue, lightly glowing flower. It is thin and has a few long leaves at the bloom, it's needle thin roots spread over the bottom of the glass. "This is a Viscaria, a rare plant that has some special attributes." He says, undoing the lid and gently squeezing the plant's body where a light ring is. This makes the plant's roots retract into the bottom of itself, and the body coils lightly which shocks you. Sure, there are plants that can protect their territory, but you're still surprised. He takes it out of the container carefully, and gently takes your arm on which he places it. When he stops pressing the ring, the roots slowly expand again, and it grabs onto your arm. You look at it up close, noting how there's small soft hairs on it's entire body. "It is harmless and won't hurt you, but don't have it on you for too long as it could cause skin irritation. A few minutes is okay." He says softly, watching your face more than the plant. "They like the darkness and watering them once a week with a cup of water is enough, I doubt you will have a hard time taking care of it. I watered it today, a week from now on is when you should start." He says, you finally looking him in the eye. "I appreciate it, but why are you giving me a gift like this?" You ask, your face a little red now.

"I..." He starts, blushing madly. "I got attached to you. I like you a lot and I want to express it by giving you gifts or hanging around you... I hope you don't mind." He says, playing with his gloves and not looking you in the eye. You blush heavily yourself, squeezing the plant so it lets go and putting it back in the jar, then screwing the lid on. Balam starts looking nervous as you putting it back feels like a rejection, but his heart almost stops when you say that you will keep it as you clutch the jar. He looks at you with his eyes tearing up a little, and he suddenly lunges forward and hugs you which makes you almost drop the jar. You hug him back, placing your hand in his soft, white fluffy hair and gently rubbing his head. His arms are on your back, but he moves the top one to your head as well, gently pulling on your hair before letting go and doing it all over again. You hold eachother for quite a while, in a comfortable silence hanging over you both. "[Y/N]," He starts after a while "can I have a kiss?". You swallow nervously and draw back, your hands going to his mouth guard. With a click, it's off. His disfigured mouth might be scary to most, but in this moment you want nothing else than to kiss it. You can see the excitement in his eyes, his healthy part of his lips twitching and the subtle way he is leaning towards you. He's hungry for love, and you are going to give him some.

Setting the mouth guard carefully on the ground, you grab the sides of his face and pull him towards you, his warm breath hitting your face. Remembering a certain night, you go straight for the healthy part of his lips, softly pushing yours against his own. His tense body relaxes in the snap of a finger, all his reservations gone just like the nervousness he had. He trembles a little, which only intensifies when instead of a still kiss you rub your lips against his own. His breathing grows deeper, a soft whimper coming from his throat at the pleasant feeling. Still as a rock, he lets you kiss him to your heart's content. You don't want to push your luck by going even further, and after a few moments you draw back. His face is red just as his eyes are a little teary, more or less focused on your face. "Thank you, [Y/N]-sama." He whispers, making you blush a little harder again. He smiles at you, clearly high off of the kiss.

A little ways away, it's not so pleasurable. Kalego was curious, followed you to the test site and witnessed everything from the experiment itself to the kiss. His insides burn with agony, tears streaming down his face and the urge to vomit is strong. He missed his chance, and saw that Balam took it. It takes all his willpower not to coil like a worm out of soil, the itching need to fix it overtaking his senses. He arrives at a conclusion, he won't let it slip past him, he will grab a hold of you before you can get out of reach forever. But not now, tomorrow.