Eight - Kiss & Tell

Start from the beginning

"Yes," I know that he is most likely drunk, and I know that he's not a virgin, but the thought of being alone with him excites and frightens me.

"Uhh,"

"Tristan!" We both turn around to see Lilith approaching. "Come outside there's something you've gotta see!" she tugs me away before I can answer Damon's question.

Outside everyone is in a circle playing truth or dare. (a/n: i know it's so cliche but it's a plot device so shhh)

"Uh, Lilith, I don't think I should play-"

"Oh, come on Tristan! We need one more player and I know it's your first time being at a house party so just try it!" I debate whether or not this is a good idea, but Lilith is a sweet heart and my weakness is her adorable puppy face, so I oblige.

"Alright, we've got ten players?" a guy asks. I'm assuming he's the one who came up with this brilliant idea, note the sarcasm. Everyone mumbles 'yes' before he starts off the game.

"Truth or dare... Naomi?" a girl with thick framed glasses and long caramel brown hair takes a step forward.

"Dare," she says with a challenging smile.

"I dare you to take off one article of clothing." he winks and she rolls her eyes before unstrapping her bra and pulling it out from under her shirt. She sticks out her arm and lets it fall to the ground.

"That all you got?' she asks making the crowd snicker and 'ooh'. "Alright, truth or dare, Liz?"

"Truth," Liz, like me, has not been drinking tonight. Something about keeping a promise to Jay. The crowd boos her and some call her a chicken but it doesn't phase her.

"Is it true that you're in love with Jay?" the crowd is making suggestive noises towards the two lovers as they hold hands. Liz smiles before cupping Jay's face and kissing her. The crowd applauds them.

"Hell yeah I am," She says once she pulls away. Jay looks absolutely lovey-dovey while staring at Liz with the sweetest smile. "Alright, Tristan, truth or dare?'

When I hear my name, I look like a deer in headlights as I choose truth. Jace teases me.

"Oh, come on Tris! It's your first party, go a little nuts!" Charlotte smacks his chest telling him to shut his mouth. I decide to choose dare.

"I dare you to kiss Esme." Esmeralda is a short Latina that I've only seen once in my second period class. We don't talk at all but she's close with Jay and Liz. I'm sure Liz means well and she dared me to do this for fun and games but I feel really uncomfortable and she knows I'm gay.

"Uh, I don't think I should-" I'm interrupted when Esme puts her lips to mine. Our lips stay together for ten seconds, her eyes are closed as she tiptoes to reach mine, but my eyes are wide open in shock. The crowd is cheering us on and finally she pulls away. Charlotte sees how flustered and uncomfortable I am so she tells everyone her and I are gonna stop playing.

"I'm so sorry about that, Tris."

"No, no it-it's fine. It's all fun and games till a gay guy is forced to kiss a girl, right? I walk into the kitchen, leaving Charlotte in the living room, wanting to get a beer when I remember the promise I made to mother. I feel like crying. Not because I'm sad, but because I'm upset. Not angry, just upset.

"Here," I look up and see Damon offering me a drink. "It's water," he tells me. I sniff it before taking a sip.

"Thanks," I tell him.