Soul Communion

Start bij het begin

Shi Congxin avoided looking at Zhongli Qian, scared his intentions would be seen through. Staring at the Sect Master, he saw Wenren È dip his head, drawing closer and closer to Yin Hanjiang's face, until Shi Congxin's face and ears flushed red. He stared unblinking, trying to figure out what the Sect Master was actually doing, but Wenren È's long hair slid down and blocked the two's faces from view.

It took a while for Wenren È to raise his head again, and say in a deeply pained voice, "This Venerable was too hasty."

Shi Congxin backed up into a corner. Terrified, he bit down on his fingers, not letting himself make any noise.

He had glimpsed a little through the Venerable's hair. What was the Venerable doing? Sucking away Yin Hanjiang's power? Altar Master Zhongli stood at one side and acted like he was blind—well, he was blind.

Wenren È didn't give Shi Congxin a glance. He extended a hand at Yao Jiaping, who flew across the room to him. He planted his hand on Yao Jiaping's skull and, with a casual yank, removed his soul from his body.

"This is..." Zhongli Qian couldn't hold back his doubts.

"This Venerable learned this technique in the Blood Hell," Wenren È said, distracted. "It can extract all of a person's memories and abilities, and make them one's own. It's just an unorthodox technique, not worth mentioning."

There were 180 thousand demonic gods sealed in the Blood Hell, so Wenren È hadn't had an easy time of it for the past year and a half. The Blood Demon had destroyed the marks on his soul, which was equivalent to destroying a blood cultivator's foundation, and he had also been impaled by the weapons of nine experts before falling into the Blood Hell. He had lost a lot of strength.

He'd been betting on that stone that had protected Baili Qingmiao in the book and helped her awaken her divine nature. As long as he obtained the divine blood, Wenren È could cultivate within the Blood Hell and absorb the chaos energy.

Indeed, after he obtained the divine blood, it shielded his soul, but simultaneously, the divine nature hidden at the bottom of the Blood Hell called to it, constantly dragging Wenren È toward the depths of the sea.

In that year and a half, Wenren È awakened to a path of divinity from the divine blood, absorbing chaos energy while resisting the divine nature.

Thousands of demonic gods drifted at the bottom of the Blood Hell, all desiring to kill Wenren È and return to the cultivation world in his place. Wenren È continued to advance in combat, killing many demonic gods and obtaining their techniques.

He'd wanted to return way earlier, but the divine nature tugged at the divine blood, preventing his escape.

It was only a few days ago that the power of the divine nature had suddenly weakened, and Wenren È had found his chance. Gathering all his power, he broke out of the Blood Hell.

Later, he learned from the book how Baili Qingmiao's heart had been crushed at the Blood Hell. Having come into proximity of the divine nature, she fell under its control, becoming obsessed with ending her life. It was only when Yin Hanjiang's killing intent woke Baili Qingmiao and her will strengthened, had the power of the divine nature and blood weakened.

Yin Hanjiang truly had done well. He didn't turn Baili Qingmiao into lamp oil because of his resentment, and had even inadvertently awakened her will and given Wenren È a chance to escape the Blood Hell.

Yao Jiaping thought of himself highly, believing his medical skills were without competition. He never could've imagined that Wenren È would pay no mind to whether or not he was willing to treat Yin Hanjiang, only requiring his capability to do so.