Why them ?

"What ?" Alpha Joshua said as he took a seat in the seats that are in front of the Alpha's desk. He looked shocked. " who did you get Vanessa?" He asked " I got the third in command."She said "Mathew Collins. Been friends with Nikkolai since 3rd grade." He said. He then looked at Awilda. " I got Luther, the beta." She as she continued on with her work. she only worked that much when she is nervous or scared. "Then that means you got Nikkolai. I guess this could be good for them." he said. I nodded then Nikkolai came barging through the door "where is Jane ?" He said furious. " she is with her mate. Now Alpha go back to your break the girls and I will finish off here." He looked around and looked very impressed. "you guys are angels sent from heaven." he got up and gave us a kiss on our foreheads. He left and Nikkolai stood there, looking at me. "Can I help you Future Alpha ?" I asked as I kept going through some more paperwork. "Yes can you stop working and look at me." He said and looked at me. I stopped working and looked at him. "Yes ?" I said. "Why are you acting like you didn't feel a connection." He said with a heartbroken look. It killed me to see him like that. "you're not taking your position seriously. Just because your can take care of things doesn't  mean you can't help out. plus this can help you be prepared." I told him while i went back to putting papers away. "These need yours and Alpha Joshua's signature." Awilda said then grabbed another stack of papers and went to the couch on the left side of the room. "these just need your signature and Awilda's." Vanessa said then grabbed a different stack of papers and went to the couch on the right side of the office.

"Look can you just go hang with your boys. We'll mind link you guys if anything." I told him. He nodded and kissed my forehead and walked out. We continue to work in silence for another hour. "Girls the boys have a surprise. they said to put whats in here on then follow the petals to the back of the house." Caroline came and gave us each a box. "but we're still working on this plan. do you think they can wait 30 minutes ?" I said while the girls continued to talk to Alpha Maddox. We finally came to an arrangement for the ball that he is hosting next month. "whats so important?" she asked confused. "The ball that was meant to happen 2 months ago. We found the paper under all the papers. oh we finished with all the paperwork." I said with a tired smile. "you girls are wonderful. i'll let the boys know." She said than gave me a quick hug then left. "ok where were we Alpha Maddox." I asked " well we still need the venue for the ball and the invitations need to be remade and sent." I thought for 3 minutes. " do you think you can get the invitations remade Awilda ?" i asked. she nodded and started typing away on her tablet. "Vanessa can you get the venue ?" She nodded and started calling places. "Anything else Alpha Maddox ?" I asked him. "what about the kids ?" He asked. "ok thank you. the venue i booked has a 24 hour daycare." Vanessa said as she texted the details to him. "everything has been set up. pleasure making business with you Alpha Maddox." I told him "Likewise Luna Penelope." and that signified the end of our planning and work. "Let's clean up girls." Awilda said as she started cleaning.