TWENTY-FOUR;

"You're actually studying?" Elijah asked, watching Max setup his books on Samuel's desk

Max hummed, "yeah, if that's okay. My house is fairly loud and I can't get much studying done there. I usually go to the library on campus."

"What's your major?" Sam asked, looking over Max's shoulder, at the books.

"Law. I want to be a lawyer, so I spend most of my time studying anyways." Max explained.

Sam listened, nodding his head, "that's so cool! Not the studying part, that's boring, but the wanting to be a lawyer, that's cool! I hope you get it." He smiled, without thinking and pressed a kiss to cheek Max's cheek, "good luck studying!" He cheered.

"El, we should leave, he's got a lot of studying to do and we are going to bother him." Sam declared, grabbing Elijah wrist.

As Elijah was being dragged out the room, Max heard him whine out, "but he's pretty and I wanna look at him!"

Max was glad the pair left, so they were unable to see his pink cheeks. He flipped through the books, trying to stop his racing heart, yet he couldn't.

It wasn't like Max has never experienced love before, he has. It just wasn't the soft, sweet kind.

Two years ago, Max thought he had found the perfect person for him, the kind of person that made you feel like love was forever. The kind of love that made butterflies dance around in your stomach. The kind of person that made you feel like the world was moving slowly and you could feel it.

Max felt it so intensely, he felt all the things he was suppose to feel when you're in love. He just didn't understand why he felt the stinging across his face from the person. He felt the sharp pains in the sides.

The marks, the burns, the bruises.

It left a broken man, a hurt man. He was no longer wanting a relationship, because it hurt. It hurt worse than the pain of his family yelling at him constantly to do something with his life. It hurt than his mother blaming him for his sister's death. It hurt worse than when his own father choked him out for going to college instead of getting a job to pay the bills.

It's crazy the way the world works, right?

Max had managed to hide all his pains for years, he told no one about his family, how they tore him down since highschool.

He told no one that when he finally thought he found some form of happiness in his miserable life, it hurt him.

He told no one he stayed with his ex for two years after the physical violence started, because he really hoped that maybe they would change and he could be happy again.

Max sat there for a moment staring at his book, seeing a wet stain on the page. "Shit." He mumbled, realizing he had started crying.

He quickly wiped his tears, trying to refocus on the book.

Truth be told, he wanted to jump at the invitation to be in a relationship with Elijah and Sam, but he was scared.

He was finally happy in his life, but everytime he was, it never lasted like.

When he got into college, he was so excited, but when he told his parents, his mom just left the room and his dad threw a bottle at him, told him he wished he never had a son.

When he finally got into a relationship, he was so in love and happy, but ended up with scars all over his body that won't go away and are a constant reminder that even people you love, don't have to love you back.

He sometimes wished he never even gotten a girlfriend in the first place.

__a/n;I wanted to leavehis ex gender neutral til the end to remind youthat men can be victims tofemales as well

__
a/n;
I wanted to leave
his ex gender neutral
til the end to remind you
that men can be victims to
females as well

<3