20 | 𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃

Ran Haitani has never been one to know fear.

He understands it —stared at it many times in its ugly face.

Never has he ever shaken hands with such emotion.

As an older brother, he's been forced and pushed towards empathy for others —specifically, his younger brother.

Born to watch him grow into an exemplary young man, Ran had a different interpretation and took his brother's hand, walking life with him by his side.

It was him who first fell into the path of violence, the first time he welcomed sadism with open arms and a wide smile.

Rindou, with his older brother's hand tugging his, joined a world far too big for him. A world he molded to fit his standarts, along with his brother, the moment the bliss of screams of pain and agony spurred him on.

How did this happen?

The first —and only— time Ran Haitani allowed fear to embrace him. When death herself opened his eyes to the world they live in.

It's much more fun this way.

To this day, Ran doesn't know if meeting you was the blessing he's been waiting for or the curse that will break him.

Thus, Ran overcame fear?

Little Ran spies as a figure drops a rock decorated with dark splotches

Little Ran spies as a figure drops a rock decorated with dark splotches. A few water drops splash onto their barefooted feet, the air growing colder.

The first signs of snow of the day begin to fall, painting Yokohama Bay, 7th wharf in a beautiful white.

Even so, Ran presses the special snacks that can only be found in this area —bought merely for his younger brother— closer to his chest.

He observes, a curious glaze over his eyes, the unmoving figure standing before him. Looking far ahead at the never ending shades of clear water.

Ran's pushed away from the sight by his own inner voice, warning him. Listening to the trembling of his legs, goosebumps all over them, he hides the lower part of his face with his black scarf.

He takes one step back, dropping the bag of Calbee vegetable snacks that Rindou transforms into a vacuum over.

"What are you doing here?" His eyes wide open, he forcefully presses his hands together as they can't stop moving.

What is his body even doing? The voice sounds so young —younger than him even. It's stoic, a broken song long out of tune.

When Ran Haitani stares at you face, tears prickling at the corners of his eyes due to the brownish red staining your clothes, life stops for him.

The chattering of his teeth stops; pulling a veil of white frost he loses himself in the colorless irises of your eyes, appearing that way despite the vibrant color all of them have.