Wake Up

[Max's POV]

   I hear El's voice. It's been so long. It feels like an eternity since I've heard her voice. She's crying. I can't see her, or anything else for that matter. I can hear her though. "Max I'm so sorry! Please! Please come back to me.." I try speaking, my mouth won't allow it. She weeps. I can feel her hold my hand, giving a soft squeeze. "I didn't- I didn't save you just for you to live like this.. Max.." I try again, as hard as I can to talk.

  I hear the monitor start beeping differently than it had been. I no longer feel El's hand. "DOCTOR!! SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH MAX!" I hear someone rush in. "What's wrong?" The footsteps walk closer to me. "Her monitor is.." "Oh! She's waking up!" "How long will it take?" "I'm not sure.. you just have to be patient with her." The door closes.

   "Max! Max... can you hear me?" I feel the warmth of her body against my side. My hand grabbed again and squeezed. "Please.. give me a sign if you can hear me." I try with all of my might to give her a sign. My finger moves. She gasps "Max.. I'm so sorry I did this to you.." She's crying again. I hate it when she cries. I want to sit up and pull her close and wipe her tears away. "I just- I don't know what I would have done without you.." I feel more of her beside me. She's laying down with me.. I've missed this. Missed her. I feel her arms around me. If I weren't in a coma I could probably fall asleep with ease.

   The door opens. "Lucas.. she's going to wake up!" Oh.. Lucas. "El, she's been in a coma for four months!" "But the doctor-" "El, can you just shut up?! She's gone and it's all your fault!" I hear crying again. I feel her cradle into me. "El! How many times do I have to tell you?! You aren't supposed to be in her bed!" If I was awake right now.. I'd sock him in the nose and pull El into the bed with me. It's not her fault I'm like this.. she saved my life! He should be more respectful! "Lucas-" "Whatever. I'm going to the mall. Mike's offer to join us is still on the table." I hear the door slam shut.

   She's crying harder. I wish I could wrap my arms around her and tell her that I'm okay. I wish that I could see her. I wish that I could tell her I love her. "Please Max... Wake up." She says softly in my ear before kissing my cheek. My eyes open, but I still can't see anything.