The Ruins

Falling. falling still. As you hit the hard floor with a loud "thump," a stinging agony shoots through your back. You didn't want to get up since the pain was so terrible for fear that it might worsen. But you still decide to carry it out. You nearly feel like you're in a cave, but not really. You turn to look around and see a break in something. You proceed without hesitating.

"Howdy, i'm Flowey, Flowey the flower"

It seems like this flower is talking to you, what will you do.

❤ Stare at it          Ignore it

You stare at the flower, creating an awkward silence between you two.

"Hmmm... You're new to the UNDERGROUND, aren'tcha? Golly, you must be so confused. Someone ought to teach you how things work around here! I guess little old me will have to do. Ready? Here we go!"

A battle begins

"See that heart? That is your SOUL, the very culmination of your being! Your SOUL starts off weak, but can grow strong if you gain a lot of LV. What's LV stand for? Why, LOVE, of course! You want some LOVE, don't you? Don't worry, I'll share some with you!"

Five spinning white things surround the talking flower.

"Down here, LOVE is shared through... little white... "friendliness pellets." Are you ready? Move around! Get as many as you can!"

You stand there watching as the white pellets come towards you. Suddenly, your soul gets hurt and you're almost dead. You look up at Flowey, just to see him grinning like a demon.

"You idiot! in this world, it's kill or BE killed. Why would ANYONE pass up an opportunity like this?!"

Dozens more spinning white pellets appear around you.

"Die!"

Right before the spinning white pellets make contact with the your SOUL, a fireball appears next to Flowey and knocks him away. You are instantly healed, and a large goat thing walkes in.

"What a terrible creature, torturing such a poor, innocent youth. Ah, do not be afraid, my child. I am TORIEL, caretaker of the RUINS. I pass through this place every day to see if anyone has fallen down. You are the first human to come here in a long time. Come! I will guide you through the catacombs. By the way, my child, you aren't acquainted with the other child, are you?"

You look at Toriel confused.

"I suppose not"

You follow Toriel through a purple gate, and end up in a purple room. After walking forward, a twinkling yellow star comes into view. Looks suspicious.

❤ Interact with it              Keep walking

You touch the star

SAVE POINT: (The shadow of the Ruins looms above, filling you with DETERMINATION.) (HP fully restored.)

You keep following Toriel into the next room.

"Welcome to your new home, innocent one. Allow me to educate you in the operation of the RUINS."

You watch as Toriel completes a puzzle.

"The RUINS are full of puzzles. Ancient fusions between diversions and doorkeys. One must solve them to move from room to room. Please adjust yourself to the sight of them."

"To make progress here, you will need to trigger several switches. Do not worry, I have labelled the ones that you need to flip."

 You complete the puzzle.

"Splendid! I am proud of you, little one. Let us move to the next room."

"As a human living in the UNDERGROUND, monsters may attack you. You will need to be prepared for this situation. However, worry not! The process is simple. When you encounter a monster, you will enter a FIGHT. While you are in a FIGHT, strike up a friendly conversation. Stall for time. I will come to resolve the conflict. Practice talking to the dummy."

You approach the dummy and enter a FIGHT with them, proceeding to follow Toriel's instructions to speak to the dummy. You then exit the FIGHT screen.

"Ah, very good! You are very good."

"There is another puzzle in this room... I wonder if you can solve it?"

You follow Toriel into the next room, where you see Toriel standing in front of a large grid of spike blocks.

"This is the puzzle, but... Here, take my hand for a moment."

You join hands with Toriel, and Toriel guides you through the puzzle.

"Puzzles seem a little too dangerous for now."

"You have done excellently thus far, my child. However... I have a difficult request to ask of you. ...I would like you to walk to the end of the room by yourself. Forgive me for this."

Toriel starts sprinting towards the end of the room. You walk to the end of the room. Toriel walk out from behind a pillar located near the entrance to the next room.

"Greetings, my child. Do not worry, I did not leave you. I was merely behind this pillar the whole time. Thank you for trusting me. However, there was an important reason for this exercise. ... to test your independence. I must attend to some business, and you must stay alone for a while. Please remain here. It's dangerous to explore by yourself. I have an idea, I will you give a CELL PHONE. If you have a need for anything, just call. Be good, alright?"

You decided to walk into the next room where you see one of those glowing things you saw earlier and a monster. But before you could talk to the monster, the phone rings.

"Hello? You have not left the room, have you?"

"There are still some puzzles that I have yet to explain"

"I would be dangerous on your own"

"Be good... Alright?"

*CLICK*

You talk to the monster... Its name is Froggit.

*Ribbit*

"Excuse me, human"

"I have some advice for you about battling monsters"

"If you ACT a certain way or FIGHT until you almost defeat them..."

"...They might not want to battle you anymore"

"If a monster does not want to battle you, please"

"Use some MERCY human"

*Ribbit*

You learned something new! You pat the Froggit on the head in a way of saying thank you to it. You walk towards the glowing star and touch it.

SAVE POINT:Playfully crinkling through the leaves fills you with DETERMINATION.

*HP Fully restored*