Later that night, I wake up, unable to sleep. I'm about to head into the kitchen for a glass of water and I see movement from the balcony. The balcony doors are open and I have a clear view of Niall standing at the railing, elbows leaning against the fence as he stares the Eiffel Tower. His pale skin is illuminating against the stars and moonlight, his hair soft and fresh from the shower. He looks calm and peaceful.

I walk over and stand next to him, our arms brushing together. He tenses a little but then relaxes all the same. He doesn't say anything but instead, stares out into the open night.

"Look, if you wanna leave...I understand." I assure him, clasping my hands in front of me.

"I will leave...on Sunday." he decides and I look up, giving him a hopeful look.

"I'm not leaving because you. I want to know what happened between you and Nadine and I know I'm not gonna get that from neither you or Louis." He says and I know he's right. That leaves Nadine.

"In my defense, Blondie...you wanted to know. You asked for the truth and you have it." I sigh. He doesn't say anything. He looks wounded. His eyes are watering, like he's about to cry.

"I just feel so stupid." He admits, nearly scoffing. I frown at him.

"Why?"

"Never mind. You wouldn't understand." he mumbles back and brushes past me, heading inside.

"Hey, Niall..." I trail off, wondering where this confidence is coming from all of a sudden. He turns round, looking stunned. I cringe a little.

"Um...why don't I take you out tomorrow night? Just me and you? Nobody else." I suggest warily.

"As like a...a date?" he asks hopefully and I bite my lip. I don't want to go on a date...do I?

"Y'know what? I'd love that. Date or no date." he decides and I grin thankfully, glad that I don't have to answer.

The following night, I take Niall to a famous restaurant called La Tour d'Argent which looks outside the Tournelle Bridge. It's just a bit posh and fancy, but somehow Niall managed to dress up nice for it. He's wearing a blazer with a white shirt underneath it and matching black pants. I smile a little as I meet him outside Nadine's flat and I get a cab to drive us there.

A waiter dressed in a black and white suit greets us at the front entrance.

"Combien de, monsieur?" he asks with a smile.

"Juste nous deux se il vous plait." I answer. He nods and guides us up the stairs, where the top floor looks onto the bridge.

"You know French?" Blondie sounds surprised.

"I know many languages." I grin and he doesn't look too amused.

"Show off." he mutters and I chuckle.

"Compliments de champagne du chef?" the waiter asks and I nod. The waiter hands us a bottle of black bottle of expensive champagne and places it in the ice bucket before handing us two glasses.

After our meal and dessert, we get our cab home. I thank the driver and walk with Blondie up to the flat. "So...is Taylor not allowed to come?" he asks curiously, raising an eyebrow.

"No, he, uh - he has a vacation off to see his own family." I tell him and he nods knowingly.

"He's married. With two kids. Twin girls." I tell him proudly and he smiles at the thought.

As we walk up to the door, it starts to pour down with rain all of a sudden. I roll my eyes and Blondie ends up laughing, shaking his head.

"How cliché." I comment as we reach the door.