"Here, I even got you a cake." He said holding candles and a lighter, with a grin.

"You totally ignored my question just now didn't you?" Yumi asked, squinting her eyes. "How long was this here, and in the sun?"

"Make a wish." He smiled holding a small slice of cake in front of her. The two candles glowed on top of the cake, flickering against the light breeze.

She squinted at the lack of candles. "I'm not two." Although she was dissatisfied by the situation she still closed her eyes and after a moment to herself, she gently blew the candles out.

She looked up at him. "There? happy?"

"Mm." He set the cake down and tore off a bite sized chunk and put it into his mouth. Her golden met his cyan eyes that glinted with mischief. Before she could react he grabbed her by the waist and brought their bodies close.

Tenderly held by the nape of her neck, their faces inched closer until they connected into a kiss. Her body stiffened as the taste of frosting spread through her mouth. Her hand clutched at his shirt begging for release. But he refused to let go, pressing his tongue deeper into her warmth.

Only when the taste of cake dissipated did he pull away, their breath ragged as it fanned across their face. The lack of breath caused her to go lightheaded, though she's unsure whether she hated that feeling. The hand that was on her nape traveled down to the small of her back, holding her gently preventing her from swaying.

He cupped her face, "Very happy." He whispers, his voice tickled at her ears causing a shiver down her spine.

"I.. hate you." She spoke every other breath with much difficulty.

"Hm." He hums brushing her words aside. He held the rest of the cake in his hand. "How is the cake? Made it myself."

"I wouldn't know." She begrudgingly said.

"Was I that good, that you forgot what the cake tasted like?" Satoshi teased.

"I'll end you." She threatens, reaching for the place where she normally puts her knives. Only when she grabbed at empty air did she remember that her knives were still in her suitcase that she had yet to unpack.

"How bout we eat first?" He laughs before splitting the cake with his hands and offering her the larger piece with the strawberries and chocolate decorations. She glares at him, then with a sigh, she leans down and bites into her share of the cake. "It's been a long time since I've had chocolate."

"I'll make it as often as you like." He smiles as he watches her finish the cake from his hands as he pops the rest into his mouth. Clapping the crumbs off his hands he reached for the basket.

"What's for lunch? It smells divine." She asks, wiping her face with the back of her hand.

"It's nearly dusk." He said, pulling a face, as he hands her napkins.

"Your point?" She asked, raising a brow then scoots over to peek inside the basket. "Ooh sushi."

"Yep, baked sushi. Mayo, cheese, vinegar..." He started listing the ingredients off his fingers, which only made her frown in disgust. "Stop analyzing our food."

"And why are you listing the toppings first?" Yumi said. "You're ruining the taste."

"Sorry." He apologizes, handing her a bag of seaweed. Her eyes glittered as she ripped open the packaging and took a sheet out to wrap a large spoonful of sushi. She bit into it with a wolfish bite.

"Haha." He laughs, wiping away the stray rice off her face. He licked it off dragging the flat of his tongue slowly against his fingertips, making sure she's watching as he knows the power it holds on her.