Chapter 22: Soundly Chastised

Start from the beginning

"She really showed him," Jasper says, with a smirk.

"Oh dear," Sereia says, covering her mouth in shock

Trinket feels the same.

"I never seen Briar act like that before," Tanzanite says, worriedly.

Deuce and Ace are just as shocked.

"B-Briar?!" Deuce replies, stunned.

Then Ace says in shock, "I think she just exploded!"

"You think you know everything about me! You have no idea! You have no idea of what I've been through okay! I never asked to be here, okay! I never asked to be swept away from my home, with no way of getting back home!" Briar angrily says as tears fall down here. "I'm not sure if that matters since I don't have anyone living with me anymore!"

"What's she talking about?" Deuce asks.

"It's best we listen to what she says," Grim says.

Then in tears of anger and sadness, she explains, "I was adopted by my aunts, even though they're not related to me! I don't know who my parents were! I don't even know where I came from! They're the ones who taught me everything I know, and helped make me the person I am now, but they're gone, okay! My Aunt Sonia and Danica died in a car accident, and my aunt Tina died of an illness a year ago, and I've been living by myself for a year, until I was taken to this place! And the median, that actually came from this world, was the only thing I even have from the kind of life I lived, which I don't remember at all! So that's it, you don't know anything! YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME!"

Briar continues to shed tears as she wipes them off her face. Hearing Briar's confession, well, it is understandably a shock. However in a way, everyone feel sorry for Briar

"Briar," Ace says, feeling bad for Briar.

Riddle slowly stands up and feels the sharp pain on his face. The bruise on his right cheek is red and almost swelling.

He remembers what happened and glares at Briar in full rage, "You dare slap me at the face!"

Riddle raises his pen to use his magic on her.

Just then, Ace comes in and angrily shouts, "Don't you dare touch her!"

Then, Ace punches Riddle in the face, causing everyone to gasp in shock.

The students exclaim, "He punched him in the face?!"

Grim and Tanzanite laugh.

Grim shouts, "Right in the kisser!"

"Oh my goodness," Sereia replies in shock.

Tanzanite and Trinket are lost for words.

"A-Ace?!" Deuce says shocked.

"That's all I can take. Forget Riddle. Forget the duel. I'm done," Ace says, having enough of Riddle's behavior.

Riddle feels the pain on his face, "That hurt! You... p-punched me?!"

Then Ace angrily says, "Kids aren't trophies for their parents to flaunt. And the accomplishments of a child aren't determined by the worth of their parents. It's not your parents' fault you became a tyrant - or anyone else's. You've been here a year and haven't even made a friend who will tell you you're outta line. And that's on you."

"What are you even talking about?" Riddle questions, still in pain.

"Yeah, maybe you had some rigid upbringing from a relentless helicopter-mom," Ace continues.

Then questions, Is that all you are? An extension of her? Can't you think for yourself? You call yourself the 'red sovereign'? You're just a baby who's good at magic."