Escape

"Please no more," a young girl whimpered.

The white man sneered at the pitiful wounded girl. He grabbed a chunk of her matted, golden hair.

"I thought I told you to shut up brat!" He yelled, with the strong scent of alcohol in his hot breath as he flung her across the room. Her body hit the wall with a thud and she screeched out in pain. She dared not to move, in fear he might hit her again. She closed her eyes and hoped he would be satisfied with tonight. Suddenly, she felt a sharp pain in her ribs as he kicked her. With a yelp, she drew her legs in close to her stomach and laid there. She felt herself be picked up by a leg, putting strain on her body and was thrown back into her cage in the basement. The sound of the latch closing echoed and then she heard his footsteps grow fainter by the second.

She slowly opened her eyes, scared that he might be waiting to beat her again. Nothing. She felt relived to be in darkness. He had shut off the lights. The darkness meant no harm. No pain. No yelling. It was heaven. She winced as she tried to change her position. She eyed the plate of scraps that was sitting in the corner of the dog cage, meant for large dogs. Not seven year old girls. Reaching out, she grabbed a chicken bone that had a bit of meat still on it and picked off the bits of fat left on the small bone. After finishing off the bone, she finished off the rest of the plate and licked it clean. She then curled up at the back of the cave and let sleep consume her.

Morning came the next day. Loud footsteps told her that he was coming back. Probably to beat her some more. She tightened her body into a ball and hoped that he would ignore her. Even if it meant no breakfast. She heard the latch creak open and a rough hand grabbed her shirt. She was dragged out and was shoved into a corner.

"It's you're fault you little brat!" He spat, saliva scattering all over her pale face. She kept her eyes closed and prepared for the worse. Pain shot through her nervous system as he hit the spot he kicked yesterday. She clamped her mouth shut in attempts not to yelp in pain. Noise meant more beating. She slowly opened her eyes to see a piece of paper in his hand.

"If I didn't have to take care of you, I wouldn't have to pay as much for the bill!" He said angrily, his words being sloshed around. He turned around quickly and went out of the room. The girl sighed in relief and let her muscles relax. He didn't beat her as much in the morning. He always had to leave. She heard the basement door click, she knew that meant he locked it. That didn't matter anyways. The few times it was unlocked and she tried to get out, she got caught and was beat even more.

She sat in the room silently and looked around. Cobwebs that were scattered around the dusty room. Pantries that was once filled with food, but was quickly taken out as soon as he realized that she was hungry enough the climb the pantries to get even the smallest of crumbs. Now was replaced with deadly tools. Her cage. And a few other things she wasn't exactly sure what they were. There was nothing she could do but sleep. So, once again, she curled up and fell into the abyss that promised her freedom.

A loud slam awoken her. He was back. She instantly felt fear as she heard distant sounds of him doing whatever he did in the house. She prayed he wasn't in a bad mood as she heard his footsteps come to the door. The door clicked as it unlocked, and creaked as it opened. And once again, the man appeared.

She gulped and eyed the man, not making a sound. Suddenly his slim lips spread into an ugly grin. In his hand was a small oval shaped object. Her eyes widened as his other hand moved toward her, and she prepared for him to hit her. But to her surprise, his hand went not toward her, but onto the object on his other hand. He pulled something shiny and sharp out of it and held it up in front of her.

Never had he gone this far. Never had he done something like this. He grabbed her hair and brought her skinny neck toward him. She kept her body limp, scared of the new unknown object, and pressed it across her neck. She didn't move, nor struggle, as she felt a hot, sticky liquid run down her throat.