"Good morning," Loid said to me as I dragged myself out of my room.

"Hey," I smiled awkwardly. Thinking about what happened about three hours ago...

"I made some breakfast for you," Loid said signaling me to the kitchen table where there were freshly made waffles and fruit.

"Thank you, Loid," I smiled.

Loid watched as I walked myself over to the table and sat down. He followed and sat diagonal from me.

"You look like you're getting better," Loid said.

"Yeah, I am..." I said, taking a bite of a waffle.

We sat in silence for a couple of moments. I know Loid said he wanted to talk to me, I was just waiting for him to initiate it.

"So about that night..." Loid finally said.

After talking with Yor, I realized that I wanted to hold off on any feelings I had for Loid. I wanted to get to the bottom of things.

"We don't have to talk about it," I chuckled nervously, walking over to the kitchen to grab some water.

Loid followed me as I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge, as soon as I closed the fridge Loid spun me around and unintentionally pressed me up again the fridge. There was no space between our hips. I dropped my water bottle on the floor.

"But I have to. Let me explain myself..." Loid said softly.

Loid's eyes caught me in a trance. His soft blue eyes knew how to catch my attention, how to understand... and listen to him. Yet, he looked apologetic and understanding that talking about feelings were important to me. That was one of the things I really liked about Loid... he just seemed like he genuinely cared about me, regardless of how he's been acting these past weeks.

"I can't stop thinking about you," he sighed.

I could feel myself blushing.

"W-What?" I said nervously.

"I just can't. I'm crazy about you, and it's just been building up inside," Loid said as he squeezed on to my hips, looking down at my body.

I felt like I was going to shit myself, I wasn't expecting this response out of him at all.

"But..."

Of course... There's always a but.

Loid continued to try and control himself as he held on to my hips, gazing into my eyes.

"But... I don't think I can do this again, which is why I've tried so hard to distance myself from you..." he said, looking down sorrowfully.

I grabbed Loid's face and brought his eye level back to mine.

"Do what again...?" I asked, wanting him to explain himself further.

"I don't think I can love someone again after... last time. I vowed to never love anyone ever again," he said softly.

He was talking about Yor...

"Not even me...?" I asked, still holding his face so I could gaze into his eyes.

"I can't love someone like you, (Y/N). You're too special... too good for me," he said, shaking his head in disappointment in himself.

I quickly let go of Loid's face. To him, that probably looked like a sudden reaction of rejection, but it was a sudden realization...

Those words... he told those exact words to Yor... who he killed...

Was history going to repeat itself?

I slowly pushed Loid away from me.

"Let's just focus on the mission... okay?" I said, trying to sound okay, but I really wasn't.

"Okay... Franky will be here tonight so we can discuss a new plan," Loid said while looking away from me, knowing that he hurt my feelings.

"Sounds good," I said bluntly.

I was fucking back to square one, I was kind of scared to be around Loid.

———

"You want me to... what?" I gasped in disbelief.

"I want you to kill Loid," Yor said with no hesitation.

"But... why?" I asked.

"Because I failed to finish the job. Loid thinks I'm dead and I want it to stay that way. He'll probably never see it coming from you, which is why my boss thought you'd be perfect for the job..." she explained.

"But why does he need to die...?" I asked sadly.

"Because he's a killer... I'm sure you've seen it, haven't you? He's the only spy who has a kill count of more than twenty, the average is about five, which isn't a coincidence anymore when referring to 'collateral damage," Yor scoffed.

Twenty...? That's so many...

"So what are you saying...?" I asked, still confused.

"I'm saying that he's sick in the head. Whatever excuse he uses when he kills people aren't valid. It's because he's impulsive and can't control himself. He needs to be terminated," Yor said sternly.

"W-What if I refuse...?" I asked hesitantly.

Yor held her weapon against my neck again and pierced her eyes into my soul, "Then I will kill you myself for not cooperating. Unless Loid gets to you first..."

"H-How do you even expect me to accomplish that? I can barely even throw a punch at him," I said embarrassingly, thinking about the time where I punched his chest and hurt my own hand.

"I'll teach you everything I know. I'll train you on how to assassinate Loid Forger."