Eren: Were there titans there too?

     (Y/n): There—

     Eren: Is there—

     Carla: Eren.

     The girl momentarily stopped at her mother's stern tone, clearly realizing that she may have been asking too many questions. Not that I minded the questions, I just wasn't quite fast enough to answer all of them before she'd ask another.

     Carla: The boy just woke up a few minutes ago, give him a little while to adjust before you go tearing his ears off with questions. I'm sure he'll be happy to answer them once he's properly used to his new surroundings.

     The young girl smiled a little in embarrassment at her outburst, brushing her messy hair back behind her ears.

     Eren: Right, sorry about that. I just got excited is all.

     (Y/n): I don't mind! I'm flattered that you're that interested in the knowledge of a stray like me.

     Eren: Well, you're not a stray anymore!

     (Y/n): *chuckles* Thank you!

     Eren: I'm Eren, by the way. And that's Armin over there.

     She stood up from the chair and gave a small bow. The blonde boy whom was now standing next to the table did as well.

     (Y/n): Eren, Armin; it's very nice to meet you both! I'm (Y/n).

     I would have bowed if I could, but I couldn't necessarily stand up on my own in order to do so. So I bowed my head, hoping that it would show the same level of gratitude and respect. It seemed to work as they both gave an affirming grin.

     There was then another interruption, a bang at the door followed by shouting.

     ??????: Get out here brat! You can't hide in there forever!

     Eren: Shit!

     Carla: Eren, what did you two get into this time?

     Eren: They were picking on Armin again Mom! I couldn't just stand by and do nothing! All I did to them was a single kick to the groin.

     Carla: On just one of them?

     The girl looked down and sighed.

     Eren: *sighs* On each one of them.

     I resisted the urge to congratulate her.

     Armin: It's my fault, they hate it when I talk about the outside world and heard Eren and I speaking about it. They get mad when I talk about the world because...they think it's pointless outside the walls.

The boy had a rather melancholy tone to his voice, like he was both sad and terrified to go out and face them. Carla walked towards the door like she was going to try and defuse the situation; but I wasn't really willing to risk them hurting the Angel or my new friends.

(Y/n): Mikasa.

Mikasa: Yes?

(Y/n): Please help me up.

There was a small moment of clarity as she looked me in the eyes. I didn't have to explain my request or anything. Like she knew exactly what I wanted to do and was more than willing to help me do it and she helped me up. Within a few seconds thanks to her strength, we were at the door.

Carla: (Y/n)! What are you doing?

(Y/n): Diplomacy.

Carla: Are you crazy? They could hurt you!