Chapter 13

"Give everything you've got."

"Aether, I literally DID NOT MOVE A LOT FOR THREE DAYS STRAIGHT."

Noises could be heard

"Yeah BUT YOU FOUGHT 10 TREASURE HOARDERS BACK THEN AFTER ONE MONTH BEDRIDDEN?!"

"THAT WAS BACK THEN! I'M STARTING TO BE LIKE SOME OLD MAN NOW WHO HAS BACK PROBLEMS!!!"

Aether quickly swings his sword with half of his strength whilst the other could only block it with his bow. Aether tried to kick his gut but was pushed away from the block's force. Childe fell on his back in exchange.

"Did I get stronger or have you gotten weak?" Said Aether and kneeled one knee next to Childe. This line ticked him off and took this as a chance to kick the blonde on the chest which made him fall over his back.

"I said I don't have enough strength for this." He gritted his teeth and tried his best to stand up while balancing himself on his shaking legs, he aimed an arrow at Aether, ready to let go of the string.

"Didn't you thought me that you should have good composure when using a bow?" He reminded the archer and threw his sword at him, which made Childe dodge again. "Who the hell throws -" he was cut off by a kick at his back after dashing behind him when Childe dodged and talked. "And didn't you say you shouldn't let your enemy attack behind you?" He said, watching his opponent fall on his face.

Childe tried to get up again but failed. "I told you, I don't have enough strength," He said with a serious tone, he sat, facing Aether.

"This is the only way I could force you to bring it back." The traveler replied.

"Can't you give me some time to recover?"

"Childe, if you really wish to justify-"

"Can you please stop calling me with my alias?"

"Ajax, if you wish to justify your husband's death, regain your strength even if it means by force if you do love him to death."

The other went silent, looking at the blonde who has a serious look. A look as if he now looks down on Childe. The ginger head felt like his level is not higher than the Almighty Traveler anymore. This is the Outlander that he's looking up at anyways. The Outlander, who had probably fought countless different types of opponents.

While he was just a mere puppet of the Tsaritsa back then who only seeks for victory and strength.

This look of Aether was irritating him more. He hates being looked down on as if his pride and dignity are getting disgustingly stepped on.

"Don't look down on me, Almighty Traveler. I've won more on our spars, remember?"

"Whatever. Get up there and try to win." Taunted Aether who stepped back a little, watching Childe weakly stand up, patting off the speck of dust and dirt on his clothes, and let out a sigh of defeat since he had no choice but to give in. He appears to be bringing back his old fighting spirit.

"Quick reminder." Aether cut Childe off from fixing his posture and rose a brow, tilting his head in confusion.

"You don't have the delusion anymore so I think you got a little weaker now." He added, sticking his tongue out and winking. Childe rolled his eyes and readied himself for their first spar after a very long time.

Aether noticed that Childe hasn't been using his vision or elemental skills during their duel. He was confused because Childe would always use his two hydro melees instead of his bow because of his bad aim. Curiosity killing him, he asked, "Why aren't you using your vision?".

Childe only showed his vision at the blonde. It was blurry, its glow is near to fading away. It only means one thing.

Childe's desires and ambitions are dying.
(A.N.: Correct me if I'm wrong!)

Aether must bring Childe's desires and ambition back for him to withstand all the time that they would visit and investigate the Fatui Headquarters.

"Ch- Ajax, still not used to calling you that but why not give it a try? Treat this as training as well to bring your strength back?" Aether said in a questioning tone, he was not sure if he was allowed to say this or not.

Childe only shrugged as his response to what Aether said and he only sighed. He started activating one of the elements he had absorbed from one of the nations he went to.

Electricity starts to spark around him and his sword along with a purple glow quickly strikes and attacks Childe, twice faster than his speed earlier, not giving his opponent ready himself but he was able to counter it with his bow's body put of reflex.

The ginger head was a little shocked to see the Traveler use another element other than Geo and Anemo. He hasn't been sparing with him after quitting as one of the Fatui Harbingers years ago. "This is new." He mumbled to himself and smirked, starting to get interested in their duel as he put all his force to push Aether away.

The blonde slightly slid back off and swung his sword again but was infused by an electro element but Childe was quick to shoot an arrow right at his fave which made Aether cancels his incoming attack by facing his left immediately to dodge the arrow.

Aether is now open for an attack. Childe took this as an advantage to punch him to the ground so he dashed and lifted his fist to punch Aether's sides but he was quick to respond. He summoned his rock pillar to block Childe's punch.

He was kind of expecting that since Aether always does that to block an attack while he's open for one so he used his punch as bait and swiftly sprinted behind the blonde and kicked him hard to the point he loses his balance and falls on the ground, face first.

Aether lost grip on his sword, Childe noticed this and aimed between the blade near the grip. As he shoots, it hits exactly where he aimed at and successfully made the blonde let go of the sword. While Aether was on the ground, Childe took his sword and pinned his cape down for Aether was unable to quickly stand up.

"My cape!" Aether cried out when he noticed it got pinned down with his sword while trying to get up. He pulled it away and positioned himself again after standing up.

"How dare-" he was cut off by seeing Childe, his hanging from exhaustion, his eyes half-open, and panting. He could barely balance himself with his now wobbling-weak legs and knees. Childe opened his mouth to say something but not a single word left his lips as his eyelids felt heavy and fell on his front. Aether was able to capture Childe before he could fall on his face.

"Ajax!" He called out, his annoyed impression now a concerned one. He might have pushed the ginger head a little too far. Fortunately, Childe is still conscious. "I guess I..." He was unable to finish what he was saying as he finally lose his consciousness.