Chapter 6: Taking in a Wife?

Start from the beginning

|Jin Soekawa|

"........" —Everyone.

"...Yeah...That incident was a nightmare..." Semi sighed as he remembers the contents of that time. He can't bring himself to forget and forgive himself..

The Massacre of Demons

Many innocent civilians were killed by Demons going on a rampage, only some parts of the continent were unlucky. And the Aelius Empire. Was part of it.

The Demons were very strong and were able to penetrate their most strongest barriers. The Royal Knights were too busy fighting off the Demons, leading to some civilians being killed. Even children were not spared.

The Emperor's only sister. Was also killed by that incident.

Semi sighed once again.. "How I wish I could do more than just fighting the demons....The people are more important. We should have focused on evacuating them first.."

Reon nodded solemnly "Yeah...Thats why we need to get stronger and stronger. So that no one will be able to defeat us."

"We are the pillar. If that pillar breaks. Then everything will fall apart." —Soekawa.

Goshiki moved around nervously... "Geez...Why are you guys so serious! Just stop! You're ruining my mood!" He cried out.

"Tsutomu is right~ You all should just chill~ plus, theres nothing bad going on right now. So, it won't hurt to relax once in awhile!~" Tendou smiled as he patted Semi's shoulder.

Reon chuckled "Yeah. We should relax."

Semi pursed his lip "Its just...I can't..What if it happens agai—"

"Oh my Sun. Just shut up." —Shirabu.

Goshiki puffed his cheeks "Yeah! Shut up Senior!"

"......." —Semi.

"I wonder how Ushijima is doing." Soekawa changed the subject.

"He's probably busy guarding the Emperor. Man! I'm so jealous!" Goshiki gritted his teeth...He always dreamed of being the Emperor's bodyguard when he was a child! But, their Commander. Who is Washijo-san, didn't pick him for obvious reasons.

One, is because he's young and inexperienced. And two, Goshiki might just stare at the Emperor all day and might not stay alert for possible dangers.

Reon chuckled in amusement. "Ushijima-san is perfect for that job."

"Yeah!~ He's strong, diligent, patient, and smart!~" Tendou said while counting fingers.

Goshiki pouted... "But...Wouldn't it be better if there'd be two guards??"

"Actually, that spot is still empty. The Commanders are trying to find someone who is the same as Captain Ushijima." —Shirabu.

Soekawa rubbed his chin "I wonder who's the lucky guy? Or girl."

"We'll probably find out soon." Semi said, then he stood up from his chair. "Alright! Since we're done, lets all go to our training ground. Our other members must be waiting for us."

"Yes sir!~" Tendou saluted playfully with his usual cat like smile.

They all started walking.

"By the way. I can't wait for the competition to start! I'm so excited!! Hehe!" Goshiki punched the air while walking through the Estate halls.

"Be patient. Some Knight Groups haven't even arrived yet." Shirabu rolled his eyes.

Shiratorizawa disappeared at the distance. Then a pair of heads pop out behind a door.