The Weekly Watcher

The three girls got out of the car and walked up the sidewalk along Main Street. The bell tower up ahead rang out from the brick building, clanging back and forth as the girls moved closer to the library. Robin skipped up behind Nancy, her short, loose waves bouncing as she walked. "Uh, Nance? What are we doing here?"

Nancy sighed, her patience already growing thin with Robin. "Wayne Munson thinks that Victor Creel killed Chrissy and Fred."

"Uh," Robin dragged out again. "Who's that?"

Jackie followed in between the two girls. "Some psycho from the 50s who stabbed people's eyes out."

Robin's eyes widened. "W-well is he locked up, or-"

"Yes," Jackie interrupted.

"Maybe," Nancy said at the same time.

This earned her a rather judgmental glare from Jackie. Her glasses bounced off her face with each hot-footed step they took. She pushed her glasses back up onto the bridge of her nose. "He's locked up. That's a fact."

Nancy gave her a rather annoyed smile, her lips pursed tightly together. "It's just a theory."

Jackie shrugged. "Not doubting his involvement, just saying that he is definitely locked up."

"Still just a theory," Nancy emphasized.

"Still not doubting you," Jackie mocked, following behind her as they rounded the corner. "But he's still locked up."

"So you are doubting his involvement?"

"Nancy, someone being involved in a murder from inside an asylum would be just about the most normal thing I've ever seen happen in Hawkins, so, no."

Robin shook her head, her hands flying around as she tried to wrap her head around the theory. "So help me get this straight. Eddie's uncle, Wayne, thinks that Victor Creel escaped from Pennhurst Asylum and that he's the one running around and committing all these murders?"

Nancy rounded the corner, beginning to step up the concrete stairs towards the library. "Pretty much."

"But Victor committed the eyeball murders like, way back in the 50s."

Jackie held the door open for the two as they entered the building. Nancy went in first. "Technically it was 1959."

Robin paused in her thoughts as she entered the library, not bothering to hush her voice on the way in. "So the murders predate Eleven in the Upside Down by about... 30 years?"

"Yeah."

"Which makes spooky Victor Creel like, 70 years old."

Nancy nodded. "Yup!" She exclaimed, exasperated by Robin's talking. She hit the bell at the front desk, calling for assistance.

Robin rested her elbow on the desk and leaned her chin into her palm. "So, he's a grandpa murderer who can turn invisible and lift people into the air."

Jackie nodded. "Seems it."

"I know," Nancy's eye was almost twitching. "That's why I called it a shot in the dark."

"I thought you were just being modest, or like, you were hiding something super fancy up your sleeve but this is truly a shot in the dark. Like, we're snipers with blindfolds who have been spun around a gazillion times." Robin turned to Jackie, trying to ignore Nancy's coldness. "You think they'd be able to outrun him."

Jackie paused to think about it before nodding again. "One would think..." Nancy hit the bell a few more times with a dramatic huff. Jackie rolled her eyes, placing her hand atop the bell. "Okay, they get it."